POE cameras stopped working.

Muzzat1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, I'm new here but have been installing camera systems (mostly coax) for a while but have not had this issue before.
System is a budget NVR 4TB 8 camera system, all cameras are 2 MB IP and are wireless or POE.
The 2 cameras connected via POE stopped working at the same time. Both will work in wireless mode but because of location (electrical interferance) I'd prefer ethernet connection.
I have reset the NVR, replaced a budget POE switch with a Netgear Gigabit POE Switch to no avail. I have run a test cable to each also with no result. I've been unable to find the cameras on the network with Angry IP Scanner
I'm now thinking the ethernet circuitry in the 2 cameras has been taken out. Perhaps in an electrical storm.
Any further advice appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All, I'm new here but have been installing camera systems (mostly coax) for a while but have not had this issue before.
System is a budget NVR 4TB 8 camera system, all cameras are 2 MB IP and are wireless or POE.
The 2 cameras connected via POE stopped working at the same time. Both will work in wireless mode but because of location (electrical interferance) I'd prefer ethernet connection.
I have reset the NVR, replaced a budget POE switch with a Netgear Gigabit POE Switch to no avail. I have run a test cable to each also with no result. I've been unable to find the cameras on the network with Angry IP Scanner
I'm now thinking the ethernet circuitry in the 2 cameras has been taken out. Perhaps in an electrical storm.
Any further advice appreciated.
This is a common occurrence with crappy cameras or if the ethernet connection was improperly sealed allowing water to enter.