POE Flood Light with ip camera pass through...

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suspect pairing one of these up with a Starlight camera forced to color mode could yield some nice results for color security.

Anything much more than 8W and you have trouble powering it and a camera; that leaves 4-5W for the camera which should be enough for most fixed.

With a bullet starlight you might remove that PIR and hack it into the alarm out, then use an intrusion zone to turn the light on.. or reverse that strategy and tap the alarm in to the motion sensor and use it to trigger recordings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Anything much more than 8W and you have trouble powering it and a camera; that leaves 4-5W for the camera which should be enough for most fixed.
As I understand the spec sheet, the camera and the light are both powered by two different poe sources.
Camera mode A using a traditional poe switch
Light mode B using their injector...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
eh, thats not the least bit compliant with 802.3AT/AF specs

they have 4 pair HiPoE thats good to 60W, sigh.. standards are there for a reason.

nutshellml

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So what would be the ideal application for these? Mounted near Poe camera to avoid running electrical for motion lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So what would be the ideal application for these? Mounted near Poe camera to avoid running electrical for motion lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes, or even without a camera, this allows you to add lighting without doing electrical work....

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have been looking for something like this. This looks good wish I could see some night pics before I buy.. It says it's 640 lumens I wonder how true that is.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been looking for something like this. This looks good wish I could see some night pics before I buy.. It says it's 640 lumens I wonder how true that is.
Its probably very close based on power consumption...640 is not that bright (about the same as a 60w incandescent) but enough for many applications.....there is a stronger version as well...
there is a dusk/dawn version in development as per the amazon Q/A...The manufacturer is a member here @wifiqos

Last edited:

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've been in contact with the company on and on for a few months. The dusk to dawn model is expected to be released by the end of October 2017

ATX LED

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! Our infrared dusk to dawn model has been in stock since July. It has a 802.3af passthru feature, is passive, and provides 6 Watts 840 nm IR high efficiency LED power. You can purchase the floodlight with or without a PoE injector and power supply. Below you will find a direct link to our product on our store and you can find our products on B&H Photo - Video Inc. website.

- PL-PoE-IR-6w PoE IR Illuminator ( mode B 24v ) with 802.3af passthru

- atx led | B&H Photo Video

The data sheet for our infrared dusk to dawn flood lights is attached as well for more detailed information

Attachments

camerafool

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't fully understand the diagrams or mode explanations, looking at the BH product photos just confuses me more.

I need an IR illuminator that will use one existing POE+ ethernet cable from Netgear GS418TPP POE+ switch to connect/power camera and power external IR LED illuminator without any injector(s), without any extra boxes. Does this exist? Thanks.

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That wall pack model looks interesting! Any discounts for forum members?