PoE injector for Dahua cameras

wayner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any recommendations on a cheap PoE injector to use with Dahua cameras? I intend to eventually get a larger PoE switch but for now I just need an injector or two.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here are a couple low cost PoE switches:
https://www.amazon.com/Tenda-Ethernet-Desktop-100Mbps-TEF1105P/dp/B01CAKJRTW $20.78 USD also at retailers like microcenter for about the same.
https://www.amazon.com/BV-Tech-Switch-Ethernet-Uplink-Function/dp/B075G2PM17/ $36.99 USD

Good injectors typically start about $15-20 USD, so a cheap switch can make more sense. I'd suggest switches that use 802.3af or 802.3at and not passive poe injectors.

You could also consider used pro-grade equipment on ebay.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wayner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Eventually I think I will go with a Ubiquiti Unifi PoE switch to power APs as well as cams, or maybe get a midspan if that is more economical, but I need to get a bunch of wiring done and I don't know when I will be able to do that as I may want to wait until I do some renovations. I already use Unifi APs but they have local injectors for now and are all connected to cascaded switches rather than coming from my main switch which is where the PoE would be - so it isn't like I can even buy a PoE switch and put them on it right away.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you see the POE switch suggestion list in my signature?

There are some injectors in there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Eventually I think I will go with a Ubiquiti Unifi PoE switch to power APs as well as cams, or maybe get a midspan if that is more economical, but I need to get a bunch of wiring done and I don't know when I will be able to do that as I may want to wait until I do some renovations. I already use Unifi APs but they have local injectors for now and are all connected to cascaded switches rather than coming from my main switch which is where the PoE would be - so it isn't like I can even buy a PoE switch and put them on it right away.
A lot of ubiquiti gear uses 24v passive poe, just something to pay attention to.

wayner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FYI - I ordered the BV-Tech 100H injector which was C$18.99 on Amazon.

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,

Am I right in saying the injector needs to be 12Volts only ?

Regards
Kris

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, ill try some Ubiquiti ones ive got to see if they power the 5231R

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks, ill try some Ubiquiti ones ive got to see if they power the 5231R
I think there was a thread not long ago where someone tried this and thought the camera was borked. But, the problem was 24V PoE injector isn't enough when the cam is expecting 48V (nominal) PoE.