PoE Power Supply of PoE NVR problem .. or something else

NickSM

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all .
I have a DS-7604NI-K1/4P and 4 ip camera DS-2CD2346G2- IU(2.8mm) , I try to setup in the living room with each camera with 1 meter ethernet cable. After that could be easy to installed them property in the house,
I find out i cannot see the camera live view, I decided to activate the camera SADP tool, to change the camera IP Address to 192.168.254.xx ,by doing all of this I managed to see camera live view ,
finish all setup and etc , so try to fix them permanent on the house ,run cable cat6 crimp the RJ45 CAT6 Connector test the cable if is pass throw with IP Tester .so far so good time to connect all ethernet cables to NVR turn on the NVR, but cannot see live view any of camera , I go to Camera Management->Camera->IP Camera, and I can see all for ip address 192.168.254.2 and etc ,
little bit strange which is downstairs is been working fine with 1m ethernet cable ,but with 10-15 m cable none of them camera cannot be detected , I call the main dealer and he said me if they working with 1m cable should work fine with your cables 10 -15 m, perhaps you haven't crimp properly the rj45 connectors, I re test them and they are passed , after that he said maybe your cable is not good enough, so very confused,
I am thinking something with power supply of nvr . Also I bought another very expensive cat6 ethernet to replace the previous one , but before I replace this expensive cable I thought to ask here this issue.
So if any one has had the same issue, please le me know if any on know any advice ..

Regards Nick

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
far so good time to connect all ethernet cables to NVR turn on the NVR, but cannot see live view any of camera
A dumb question for which apologies - did you connect the cameras into the same ports they were in when tested with the 1m cable?

Suggestion to test :
Assuming the NVR PoE channels are in Plug&Play mode.
Set the PC IP address to 192.168.254.100 and connect it to an unused NVR PoE port.
Confirm that SADP shows the cameras as normal, with the expected IP addresses.
Double-click one of the camera IP addresses in SADP, to bring up the browser.
Access the camera web GUI and under the Maintenence menu, reset the camera to default settings.
Refreshing SADP, watch for the camera going 'Inactive' then after a couple of minutes going 'Active' as the NVR finds it and activates it and configures it.

NickSM

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi alastairstevenson.
Thank you for quick respond..
As I said the NVR PoE channels they didn't start for first place on Plug&Play mode ,
I have to make them active one by one I mark them like front house to go poe port 1. back garden poe port 2 ...etc how was connected with 1m cable .Then when I take nvr on loft and plug one by on as same I plug the with 1m cable downstairs .And nothing happen I mean cannot see live camera ,and on poe ports nothing flashing light etc ,
I set follow ip address 192.168.1.100 and connect on spare port of nvr, if i can see any ip camera with SADP but cannot see any IP address ,
do you think is cable issue or poe nvr power supply ...
Never happen me before like that .. Also the camera they are AcuSence and nvr are not the AcuSence ,could be this reason ,power supply no enough to power the camera etc ..very strange to be honest ,, i spoke today with mai dealer he said bring down the nvr i will test bla bla bla .. and i don't know what to do ...
this is alastairstevenson.
thank you for your time and your help ..
Regards Nick

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I set follow ip address 192.168.1.100 and connect on spare port of nvr, if i can see any ip camera with SADP but cannot see any IP address ,
do you think is cable issue or poe nvr power supply ...
Are you saying that the cameras are not listed in SADP?
If so, that means the cameras are not powered on and working when connected to the NVR PoE ports.

poe nvr power supply
In the NVR VGA/HDMI interface - check the status of the PoE channels power values to see if there is anything abnormal.

Are the cases of the cameras connected to ground / are they mounted on any metal base?

NickSM

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi alastairstevenson.
Only downstairs they are listed with a meter cable when I setup for first time ,But when I assemble all cables and connect all the cables on NVR poe ports in the loft and
using a web browser ,I see all camera are offline I was worry about the poe power supply ,I tray to use SADP to find any camera but no luck ,
On this nvr they dont have any PoE power values ,or PoE Power Configuration for long distance remaining power 97.6W etc ..
All camera are fixed on the wall on Hikvision Junction Box (DS-1280ZJ-DM21)..
I will go again on the end of this week ,I am replace only one ethernet cable different branch more expensive to find out if is cable problem ..
If with this cable I can see the camera this mean the camera is powered ..then is cable issues ,if the same problem ..then NVR Power supply problem and I have to send back ..

Thank you mate for your time really I appreciate that ..

Regards Nick

Last edited: