Porch Pirate Breaks Ankle

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Slippery, soft/wet grass combined with smooth soled shoes combined with unathletic/overweight woman. Shocker!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
He's carrying her like a sack of potatoes! What a moron, like he's never carried anyone, particularly a woman, in his arms before.
The only thing that could have better would be if when he back to retrieve what she had dropped that he had slipped and broke HIS ankle... I would've paid $$$ to see that!
What losers. :angry:

tWeEzY

n3wb
Reaction score
Since she's been identified, cant she go after the homeowner (once caught) to 'foot' her injury bills since it happened on their property?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Since she's been identified, cant she go after the homeowner (once caught) to 'foot' her injury bills since it happened on their property?
No, she cannot. Laws vary from state to state, but you can never "go after" a homeowner simply because an injury happened on the property. There has to be a duty of care that the homeowner breached....generally the duty owed to a trespasser is " to refrain from acts which willfully injure the trespasser"...
In this particular case, even if she was an invited guest, there would be no basis for a suit as there was no defect in the property itself....it was raining and she was being stupid.

Snapper30

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My wife showed me the video today. Just deserts.

The best part is that my wife is recognizing good vs useless cam videos now - thanks to all on this site for that!

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This video was all over my local news yesterday. They show twitter comments after video clips. A few people think the home owner should pay her medical bills. The news does not normally show the twitter names but they made sure the people who left those comments names were in bold. In other parts of the world they would remove her hands.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
The only thing that could have better would be if when he back to retrieve what she had dropped that he had slipped and broke HIS ankle... I would've paid $$$ to see that!
What losers. :angry:
That was exactly what I thought. Wonder if she'd have hobbled back to carry him?

The best part is that my wife is recognizing good vs useless cam videos now - thanks to all on this site for that!
Yeah it's not the best quality and the shutter looks a little fast if you prefer smooth footage over capturing moving objects (personally doesn't bother me I'll take less motion blur over smoothness). A nice clear face shot of both of them though should have been on the cards after she slipped, if only the definition had been better. Same with the number plate, although that's probably more down to zoom / pixel count.

I'd be surprised if they didn't identify and catch her. All they need do is poll the local doctors / hospitals for an overweight ginger patient, dressed in white sneakers, black trousers and a grey top showing up with a twisted / broken left ankle, probably carrying parcels! Most probably the boyfriend is stupid enough to show up on hospital CCTV with her in his football top as well. Have to love the criminal mind.....

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wonder if she'd have hobbled back to carry him?
I could see her coming back, he's lying there holding his ankle, saying "Oh, baby girl...you came back!" and reaches for her, instead she grabs both boxes, says "see ya sucka", sprints for the car, gets in and burns rubber, leaving his ass. :rofl:

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
5000 in meds? Dropped off by doorstep. Wow.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Might be going down for this one. Just looked at Washington State laws, over $5K is 1st degree theft.

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought over 250.00 was felony not to mention getting caught with prescriptions that are not yours.