Port Forwarding for iPhone, iPad use

dale001

n3wb
Reaction score
I (newbie) purchased the Foscam FI8905W camera and just purchased Blue Iris Light (installed it on a laptop) for this outdoor camera, which is called Backyard Camera.

I am able to see the image and motion detection works on my laptop, iPad, and iPhone while using my home's wifi (Verizon router). However, I can't get any image on my handheld devices when I am away from my home wifi.

I have attached 3 images, including the setup screen on my iPhone app settings, and Verizon settings.

can someone, please, walk me through the process. LMK if I can provide other images.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@dale001 Welcome to the forum. You should redact your external ip address (wan) from from you picture you posted...
It looks like the forwarding is setup correctly..it may be a firewall issue..what are you using for antivirus/firewall?

Side note, that foscam camera is terrible...there are MUCH better options for your money..

dale001

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I had to create an exception in McAfee.

BTW, I have Arlo cameras from Netgear and they are awesome: 100% wireless (no electricity needed) with night vision and motion activation recording, etc. . . . while Foscam may be inferior, I just need it to watch our new swimming pool.
:)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I had to create an exception in McAfee.

BTW, I have Arlo cameras from Netgear and they are awesome: 100% wireless (no electricity needed) with night vision and motion activation recording, etc. . . . while Foscam may be inferior, I just need it to watch our new swimming pool.
:)
Disable the mcafee firewall and see if it helps...then we can go from there...
Does the port show as open if you test port 81 on canyouseeme.org ?

Arlo has its own issues, like no full time recording (must be motion or battery will die), no pretrigger frames, no full time live viewing, having to change the batteries, only 720p, and worst of all, a monthly fee if you want more than 7days or 1gb or recording...it would be cheaper to pay a professional to neatly run cable...

dale001

n3wb
Reaction score
The beauty of Arlo is that it can be placed anywhere. Indoors, outdoors, pretty much any location that you can think of. Since it is wire-free and weatherproof you don’t have to worry about finding a location that is close to a power outlet or protected from the environment. This makes Arlo the ideal solution for monitoring the exterior of your home and outdoor locations like your backyard.