Port forwarding icamera1000

Peedi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey people how's it going ? Name is Peedi and I Need help I dont know what port I need opening , I've called my internet provider and gets nowhere , I've watched a bunch of youtubes and have gotten pretty close . I found well believe I found out my external ip address but nothing , i looked up some website says my port 80 is closed but not sure on how to open , i have 9 of these icameras and dont see the point of only to view them at home on wifi , I'm almost certain it has something to do with my external ip and the port but its been a month already can someone please help

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:welcome:
----------------------------------------
Do not open ports you will get hacked. Do not allow your cameras to have direct access to the internet you will get hacked.
Set up openVPN.

There are two types of VPN Inbound (protects your network from access) and outbound (Hides your activity from the internet). You need to use openVPN so you can securely access your home network.

Read,study,plan..... study,study,study.....
---------------------------------------
My standard welcome to the forum message.

Please read the cliff notes and other items in the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Read How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) | IP Cam Talk in the wiki also.

Quick start
1) Use Dahua starlight cameras or Hikvision darkfighter cameras or ICPT Night eye cameras (https://store.ipcamtalk.com/) if you need good low light cameras.
2) use a VPN to access home network (openVPN)
3) Do not use wifi cameras.
4) Do not use cloud storage
5) Do Not use uPNP, P2P, QR, do not open ports,
6) More megapixel is not necessarily better.
7) Avoid chinese hacked cameras (most ebay, amazon, aliexpress cameras(not all, but most))
8) Do not use reolink, ring, nest cameras (they are junk)
9) If possible use a turret camera , bullet collect spiders, dome collect dirt and reflect light (IR)
10) Use only solid copper, AWG 23 or 24 ethernet wire. , no CCA (Copper Clad Aluminum)
11) use a test mount to verify the camera mount location. My test rig: rev.2
12) (Looney2ns)If you want to be able to ID faces, don't mount cams higher than 8ft. You want to know who did it, not just what happened.

Cameras to look at
IPC-HDW2231R-ZS
IPC-HDW5231-ZE
IPC-T5442TM-AS
IPCT-HDW5431RE-I
DS-2CD2325FWD-I

Read,study,plan before spending money ..... plan plan plan
Test do not guess

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey people how's it going ? Name is Peedi and I Need help I dont know what port I need opening , I've called my internet provider and gets nowhere , I've watched a bunch of youtubes and have gotten pretty close . I found well believe I found out my external ip address but nothing , i looked up some website says my port 80 is closed but not sure on how to open , i have 9 of these icameras and dont see the point of only to view them at home on wifi , I'm almost certain it has something to do with my external ip and the port but its been a month already can someone please help
Welcome @Peedi

DO NOT PORT FORWARD

You will get hacked / cyberhijacked.

please see VPN notes

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i have 9 of these icameras and dont see the point of only to view them at home on wifi
In addition to the huge security risks, trying to setup port forwarding for nine different cameras is going to be a logistical nightmare to try and setup.