POS integration Dahua

shuaib

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Great to be a part of this community.

I need some assistance. We have a store with 3 point of sales. Each till is basically a computer with a pole display. This is exactly what we want to happen but Im struggling on what type of a system to go with and how the integration will work.

We want each transaction and every item sold to appear onto the camera footage as a text overlay. We would also like to be able to search using text to identify transactions and be able to see footage of these transactions. As an example if a person buys a pack of cigarettes, we must be able to search cigarettes and then be able to see all the footage related to everytime a cigarette was sold.

So I have been advised we will need to use a serial output of the information which will go to a serial converter and then to the NVR. My question is as follows:
1) is this the best way to do it?
2) is it possible to achieve exactly what I want by using a DVR and not going to the NVR route, obviously the main reason being the high cost of IP cameras. IF it is possible how do i go about doing it?
3) Is there any suggestions that anyone can give me from their experiences of a similar setup

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post and any guidance will be appreciated as I am very new the the installation of camera systems.

Regards

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
The only POS camera system I have seen has been many moons ago. It used an analog camera and had an
overlay of the pole display over the video.
I would think they would have digital systems now. Have you did a search for POS video systems?

There are several that pops up on a search. POS is beyond my pay grade.:eek:

rsoxhater

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've done this with Milestone. Its a huge pain since you need to get a serial to IP converter, and a serial splitter, one to send the data to the printer, one to the serial to ip converter. It works well once it gets up and going, but I had to refresh my old IT knowledge of com settings, baud rates, etc.

If the POS runs on Windows, Milestone has a screen recorder that just uses a normal camera license and can record the screen.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the POS runs on Windows, Milestone has a screen recorder that just uses a normal camera license and can record the screen.
Can you perform a search for a specific occurrence of text or a specific purchase made from the POS, such as "cigarettes"?

shuaib

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys, however we need to do this system with Dahua only as that is the preferred brand.

Taking into account what @oldtimer stated, I do have existing DVR analogue cameras installed in certain locations. Is there a way for me to atleast get just the text overlay of the point of sale onto the dahua camera system as I have been told it is only possible on IP cameras and that will result in us replacing the entire system which is definitely not feasible. I am struggling to find the relevant providers in our country who can help with an analog system.

So based on the responses above I would assume it is best to go with the route of using a serial splitter as well as a seriel to IP converter to get what is needed on this new installation. Feedback on my existing analog systems will be highly appreciated.

rsoxhater

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys, however we need to do this system with Dahua only as that is the preferred brand.

Taking into account what @oldtimer stated, I do have existing DVR analogue cameras installed in certain locations. Is there a way for me to atleast get just the text overlay of the point of sale onto the dahua camera system as I have been told it is only possible on IP cameras and that will result in us replacing the entire system which is definitely not feasible. I am struggling to find the relevant providers in our country who can help with an analog system.

So based on the responses above I would assume it is best to go with the route of using a serial splitter as well as a seriel to IP converter to get what is needed on this new installation. Feedback on my existing analog systems will be highly appreciated.
You would need some capability on the dahua NVR to read in the data. Milestone treats the serial to IP device just as any other device (camera, speaker, etc) and can pull data from it. Unfortunately I'm not sure if Dahua has that capability on their NVR's as I do Milestone for my NVR's even though I use Dahua cameras mostly.

rsoxhater

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you perform a search for a specific occurrence of text or a specific purchase made from the POS, such as "cigarettes"?
With the screen recorder, no. Picture it literally as a camera focused right on the screen. We'll usually play it back next to the camera over looking the register to make sure the transaction match up. On the Milestone transact module there was this capability. You would see the receipt in a camera window with the corresponding camera next to it. Text was searchable.

ramiarg

n3wb
Reaction score

Hi , new Dahua GUi have the POS function to capture the POS/Till data from the TCP or UDP Ports , if your pos/till send the data from a serial port you need to convert that to ethernet and the Dahua dvr wiil be able to capture it , I have connect many POS/Till , best DVR for that is a 3r-global DVR , but now Im using Dahua