POS Text Overlay

dagg89

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a way to import POS text to the BI software. The POS software we are using allow text overlay by means ip address and port. It can be formatted as a text file or streamed as an xml. Is there a way to configure BI to access this information. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a way to import POS text to the BI software. The POS software we are using allow text overlay by means ip address and port. It can be formatted as a text file or streamed as an xml. Is there a way to configure BI to access this information. Thanks in advance.
If the POS can save to a text file, just create a Macro in Blue Iris and have the Macro point to the text file, then overlay that onto the camera. Do you know how to do that?

dagg89

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I do not, but i do remember see in the macro tab in options.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I do not, but i do remember see in the macro tab in options.
I'm doing this from my phone so can't really get in depth, but check out the Blue Iris Help file, it shows you how to add macros.

dagg89

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Mike,
Finally got the POS text overlay setup and accessible for BL, how do I add it to text overlay?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris -> Settings -> Macros then click one of the macros and click "Set to file...". Then select your text file. After that, right click the camera, go into Camera properties, then Video, then Edit in the "Text and Graphic Overlays" section. In the next screen click "Add text/time..." and type in %1 (the 1 indicates that you set the #1 macro to this text file. Use whatever macro is set). Push OK, then OK again and you're set...you can also drag and drop / resize the macro size on the video feed.