Possible Anger Issues

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Someone in the vehicle behind the police car drives up the far street and begins shouting. They then drive by our house and they continue to shout throughout the video in the distance. The police car may not have heard the shouting.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lulu, could they be yelling at you/your cameras? All the news coverage over the mountain lion may have brought unwanted attention.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Lulu, could they be yelling at you/your cameras? All the news coverage over the mountain lion may have brought unwanted attention.
The shouting didn't seem to make any sense. It begins somewhere up that far street. But most of the yelling seemed to take place after the vehicle drives by our house and heads up the streets further up this hillside. There are more than 80 homes on this hillside. The only entrance and exit for these houses is this corner that we live on. It did sound like a possible name was mentioned a couple of times, but it was really not clear what it was.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lulu - is the SUV parked in the street directly in front of your residence belong to your family? If yes, don't you feel you should tuck it into your driveway... away from the crazy drivers which seem to gravitate to your neighborhood?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Lulu - is the SUV parked in the street directly in front of your residence belong to your family? If yes, don't you feel you should tuck it into your driveway... away from the crazy drivers which seem to gravitate to your neighborhood?
Yes, this is our vehicle. We never had a problem parking there. A couple years back I had a kid check the doors, but the vehicle has always been locked and alarmed. Also, if you look inside you see an empty car, there is nothing of any value inside the car.

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, this is our vehicle. We never had a problem parking there. A couple years back I had a kid check the doors, but the vehicle has always been locked and alarmed. Also, if you look inside you see an empty car, there is nothing of any value inside the car.
We have one of those neighborhood websites and I am frequently amazed to read where someone's vehicle was broken into. Things that seem to be stolen all the time? Laptops and cell phones. COME ON PEOPLE!!!

Wayne

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We have one of those neighborhood websites and I am frequently amazed to read where someone's vehicle was broken into. Things that seem to be stolen all the time? Laptops and cell phones. COME ON PEOPLE!!!

Wayne
And the car is unlocked more times then not.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lady on the Nextdoor app, just this week posted:
Warning!
We had a burglary last night. They broke into our garage, stole things out of the garage and our cars.
It happened sometime after 12:30am.

Then others start asking questions about what happened......you guessed it. Garage door was left open all night, and of course the car doors were not locked. I'm sure the man door to the house was probably not locked as well. :facepalm:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Garage door was left open all night, and of course the car doors were not locked. I'm sure the man door to the house was probably not locked as well. :facepalm:
Yep, most thefts are a 'crime of opportunity' meaning if I'm looking at a street with 12 cars in the several driveways, I'm going to test each one 'til I find an unlocked one; no need to spend a lot of time trying to break into a locked one. These cockroaches want to get in, get out quickly...the longer it takes, the more likely they'll be spotted or caught.

A locked car or closed/locked garage and side door slows them down, usually enough to foil the quick grab.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Perhaps the security vulnerability (of having cars in the street & driveway accessible to potential thieves) is related to the lack of available storage space in many garages for cars to fit in?