Possible Plate? Anyone good enough to "enhance"

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tried, and I think I can read a character or 2. I am going to post this picture to see if anyone else can get anywhere if they offer to help. This truck entered our Church parking lot 2 times this morning. Once at 3:57 AM and again at 4:22 AM. They spun wheels, threw rocks all over a building and put holes and cracks in siding, drove across septic system, etc. This camera is not intended to capture plates. I have not gotten plate cams yet. Will soon. This is the best possible plate pic. Actually there are 3 but they are all pretty much the same. Thanks for any help. Andrew

Attachments

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There's nowhere near enough detail do do anything to these stills. If you were more zoomed in you might have a chance to 'enhance' by interpolating/compositing all of the frames of video where the car was completely stopped for a few seconds. Even then it might not be readable with the exposure settings and light.

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok Thanks guys. I was 95% sure there was nothing to do because of lack of pixels. I am going to move forward with adding at least one plate cam. For this spot or really close would a Dahua HFW5231E-Z5 or Z12 be better? I think I am going to go with the Z12.

Btown guy

n3wb
Reaction score
These are usually solved by police work. You have plenty good enough pictures to ID the truck.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To me it looks more like a plastic plate that used car dealers attach for advertising purposes until an issued license plate is installed.

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To me it looks more like a plastic plate that used car dealers attach for advertising purposes until an issued license plate is installed.
No its a Delaware plate I can tell that for sure. Our plates are ugly blue and gold

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok Thanks guys. I was 95% sure there was nothing to do because of lack of pixels. I am going to move forward with adding at least one plate cam. For this spot or really close would a Dahua HFW5231E-Z5 or Z12 be better? I think I am going to go with the Z12.
Measure the distance from where the camera would be to the entrance as well as the width of the entrance. Then you should have enough information to choose.

Is that the only entrance?

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Measure the distance from where the camera would be to the entrance as well as the width of the entrance. Then you should have enough information to choose.

Is that the only entrance?
About 95' to the plate, 20' wide driveway. There is another entrance that I am going to have to deal with. Getting a camera there is going to be a problem. I may elect to close that entrance off with a swing gate. It is not an "official" entrance anyway.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I love those enhance videos...:D
The best thing about they way hollywood presents this stuff is some criminals think this is how it really works, the worst part is some jurors think the same thing.
About 95' to the plate, 20' wide driveway. There is another entrance that I am going to have to deal with. Getting a camera there is going to be a problem. I may elect to close that entrance off with a swing gate. It is not an "official" entrance anyway.
You'd need the Z12 and you'd be zoomed in pretty far on it.

I'd put some boulders in place to make driving on the septic system harder. Eventually I'd try to put up fiber cement siding that's more durable. Paving the parking lot would also be something to consider long term.

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Going to order some Z12s from Andy and some more 5231 starlight turrets. Just waiting for the bill

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The truck was Identified via Facebook from the other pics and video. The owner contacted me and was not the driver. It is being handled responsibly and privately.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The truck was Identified via Facebook from the other pics and video. The owner contacted me and was not the driver. It is being handled responsibly and privately.

Good, Hopefully someone will show up to Church and help clean up the mess... ;-)

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I placed a order with Andy. 3 starlight Z12s and 3 starlight turrets.