Possible to control Hikvision DVR with blue iris?

hekg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all, I just purchased a hikvision dvr (not sure the model # right now) and 7 wired IP cameras as well as some Foscam wireless IP camreas. I was wondering I am able to see all the cameras both wired and wireless inside blue Iris?

I guess i'm looking for a software package that lets me see and control all my cameras in one place.

Thanks for any help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You will be able to see the foscams with blue iris, and you should be able to see the hikvision dvr but we need the model, is it an analog dvr?

hekg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using a digital hikvision dvr. It is model #: DS-7216HVI-ST/SN

hekg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I downloaded the demo and added my foscam wifi cameras with no problem but i'm not sure how to go about setting up the hikvision. I tried by adding as a new camera and selecting all of the hikvision in the IP section with username and pw but no luck.

Is an entire dvr supposed to be set up the same as adding a single cam?

thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
there is an option for the hikvision NVR, try that one first, it will allow you to enter camrea numbers.

hekg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hikvision-setup.png Still no luck :( I'm a bit still confused on this part. I added the hikvision and it's settings as a new cam but i don't see how to configure it as a dvr. There are 3 hikvision listings and i've tried them all to no avail.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You selected a camera. There is an option for the NVR. I am not in front of a system now to check. But the option lists 3 types of NVR with four digit model numbers.

hekg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok I gotta run but will continue trying later to setup as NVR. thanks again

hekg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
fenderman, i'm still stuck here. i'm looking everywhere for this nvr option or way to set it up and I do not see it. Here's what i'm doing, please correct me:

1. right-clicking and selecting Add New Camera (because I dont' see add NVR option)
2. I enter the correct IP, http port, media port, username and pw
3. Normally I click drop down and choose my foscam camera or click inspect to allow it to self-setup camera.
4. ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to add a camera, instead of selecting the ds2cd you need to select the ds-6718 or somthing like that, its the model # of NVR's not cameras. Both NVRS and cameras are on the same list. If that doesnt work try using the standard hikvision rstp.

hekg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah that's what i was afraid of. I had already tried that but I just get the blank no signal screen.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you ensure that you have the right passwords user names and ports?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Another option is to install ispy, they have a decent scan tool that my find other compatible dvrs that are also on the blue iris list. You can do the same with ipcamviewer by robert chou on android or ios. Or, just try random dvr's on the list to see if they work. You will need to have the correct ports and passwords.
Another option is to email blue iris support and give him access to you DVR so he can figure it out for you.

hekg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did double check the username/pw as well as the port #s just to be sure but no luck. Thanks fenderman I will try those other suggestions next and post my findings.

gasonright

n3wb
Reaction score
I did double check the username/pw as well as the port #s just to be sure but no luck. Thanks fenderman I will try those other suggestions next and post my findings.

Any luck on this? I'm awaiting delivery of a Hikvison DS-7616Ni-E2/8P/A and would like to know if using Blue Iris is still possible. I love the Blue Iris interface as well as the app for Android.

hekg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision told me that my specific model dvr does not support RSTP. Check your model for it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any luck on this? I'm awaiting delivery of a Hikvison DS-7616Ni-E2/8P/A and would like to know if using Blue Iris is still possible. I love the Blue Iris interface as well as the app for Android.
You should be able to pull a stream directly from the NVR...worst case use a poe switch and have the NVR and blue iris both pull streams.

gasonright

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. My unit arrives tomorrow and certainly will being going through all features and options very soon.

LadyAlison

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear hekg...
Has this issue Bern solved? ...c
ause I have the same problem with my best vision dvr w 8 cameras. ....

LadyAlison