Possible to control shutter speed through BI?

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is it possible to control/change shutter speed through BI?
I have tried using the right click on camera, PTZ/control menu and navigated to shutter to change it on two different cameras (Dahua and Hikvision). It didn't work on both.
I also tried it in the schedule/event schedule for both cameras and tried to change the shutter speed to a very fast speed (night viewing), again, it doesn't seem to work.
Both cameras are setup under ONVIF find.
My goal is to use profiles to change my shutter speeds in the daytime vs nightime.
Any help or information to that end would be very appreciated.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I suspect Ken only set those buttons up for a small handful of camera types. I don't think ONVIF was around when most of that stuff went into Blue Iris so it would have required implementing proprietary APIs and a lot of reverse-engineering.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hrm. Maybe I should test on all of my cams, maybe 1 brand works :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the dropdown list selection in Camera Properties > PTZ/Control is going to be what determines how (or if) Blue Iris attempts to change shutter speed or gain or any of those other items in the PTZ/control context menu.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
fenderman, I'm focusing on the Hikvision right now...
I changed the hikvision to 2cdxxxx & RTSP (tried all models under Hikvision) but it made no changes to the camera when I tried to change the shutter speed. Good idea though, thanks.
bp2008, there are a lot of selections under the Network IP dropdown... I guess I can try each one, one at a time... unless one of them is known to be Hikvision compatible.