Postal Scale - What do you use and which to buy?!?

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I am in the market to purchase a postal scale and was hoping some of the forum members have first hand experience with some of these units. I tried to narrow the hardware based on the most reviews and ratings. One would think going this route would help in making that buying decision. Like many here I always change the filter to show me all of the (current) negative reviews so I can understand the problems seen by actual owners of the product.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed in reading scales that just die, not accurate, or can't even measure within their stated weight range?!? :facepalm:

If there are forum members that have used any of the items I've listed here I'd love to hear about your personal experience. If you're using something completely different and have a link on Amazon that would be great to see too!

These are the ones with the highest ratings / product reviews:

As of this writing some key features I would like to see any scale offer is this:

- Zero Out: Have the ability to zero out the box / package in use than give me the weight of the contents.

- Weight: Anything that can measure really low weight (oz) up to 25~ 50 lbs is fine

- Holder: I was kind of on the fence about a side holder but see value in something that can hold up an item vertical? This isn't a hard requirement but thought I'd throw it out there.

- Display: A unit that offers a remote display is something I never thought about. But, if it can be mounted elsewhere for better viewing when something really large is on top that just makes sense.

- Two Units: I may consider buying two scales one for really small light objects and one for larger and heavier ones. It seems the larger units simply don't provide accurate measurements for light objects. So this is why some of the links show units with a fixed display etc. Trying to think out side of the box and not get fixated on a single unit that won't provide the accuracy I need to ship items.

At the end of the day I'll pay a reasonable price for a quality item so I'm not fixated on any sub < $50.XX item. But, really don't want to be spending more than $150.XX for a scale either unless I absolutely have too! :banghead: :rofl:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Instead of AMZ, take a look at Old Will Knott Scales.

This is where I bought mine, great selection and service, no more cost than AMZ when I bought, can't remember my model without looking.

ETA Ultraship 35 is what I bought;

Here

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Instead of AMZ, take a look at Old Will Knott Scales.

This is where I bought mine, great selection and service, no more cost than AMZ when I bought, can't remember my model without looking.

ETA Ultraship 35 is what I bought;

Here
Appreciate the link for an alternative site to purchase. I use Amazon mainly because it offers large reviews to so many items. A few of the scales listed on the other site is sold on Amazon but also have reviews from buyers. I'll take a look at the feedback and hopefully it will narrow down the field of potential units to buy.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I've used one of these for 10+ years now and it's still going without any problems. I ship every day and it's stayed within reasonable accuracy as checked against the USPS postal scales now and then (weighs out a few 10ths of an oz over theirs). Most of my packages are < 1 lb with some up to 25 lbs or so at times. Meets most of your requirements but I suppose now is an older model.

Price is higher than when I got mine. Was $30. May be others better now. Search for UltraShip on Amazon and you'll find some others.

Snapper30

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've had an Accuteck W-8260-86G for about five years and it is working fine, but I don't use it a lot.

Identical to this gold model 86 lb scale.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
1897A8E4-F593-4299-8A06-7CC0C9525218.jpeg
I’ve been using this fish scale for years now. Throw items in a bag and weigh it. Goes to just over 40llbs

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Appreciate everyone chiming in thus far even the fish scale example!

Don’t know if it would properly measure a letter.