Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi

Doing some research and have come to the following models in price range. What should I consider to upgrade to ?

DS-2CD2385G1-I 8MP "Powered by Darkfighter"
DS-2CD2347G1-L 4MP "ColorVu"

Trying to find balance and planning to keep cameras for a while.

What would you recommend? or something else?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What are you going to be using the camera for? What is the application? Indoor or outdoor? Lighting scenario? Distance from object?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To @coney27's point, it's hard to say unless more info about the requirements are known.

The 4MP has a better minimum illumination spec (0.0014 lux) vs the 8MP (0.008 lux). The 4MP has a built-in LED lights instead of IR, so it'll light up like a small floodlight when the light level gets low at night (which I would guess wouldn't be desirable in some locations). The 8MP uses traditional IR lights when the light level gets low.

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are you going to be using the camera for? What is the application? Indoor or outdoor? Lighting scenario? Distance from object?
residential outdoors. Garage, backyard etc. Distance not too much.. ranging 5-15m. Thinking 4mm lens. Thinking of putting the same lot for 3 indoors as well

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 4MP has a better minimum illumination spec (0.0014 lux) vs the 8MP (0.008 lux). The 4MP has a built-in LED lights instead of IR, so it'll light up like a small floodlight when the light level gets low at night (which I would guess wouldn't be desirable in some locations). The 8MP uses traditional IR lights when the light level gets low.
Thanks.. so ColorVu is better to go with? As night features is what mainly looking for.. guess all these cameras do good daylight anyways.

Any other model recommendation in that color range?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What are the lighting conditions outdoors? And I certainly wouldnt be using the same cameras outdoors as indoors.

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are the lighting conditions outdoors? And I certainly wouldnt be using the same cameras outdoors as indoors.
Please suggest indoor cameras then.. Lighting condition won't be great. No real source will be available for each camera.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you dont have much light I'd stick with a darkfighter cam. You have to decide which form factor you want ie turret, bullet, dome or PTZ. I personally like bullets better than anything else. You suggested a 8mp cam, any reason why do you need 8mp? IMO I'd stick with 4mp at most. I currently run a DS-2CD2625FHWD-IZS in my back yard, which has no light and I am satisfied with it. Nothing too crazy that stands out about it but for the price it was well worth it.

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you dont have much light I'd stick with a darkfighter cam.
Oh is it? You mean the "Darkfighter" or "Powered by Darkfighter" ?? Sorry don't know the diff..

You have to decide which form factor you want
I really like turret as my current ones are same. Unless there is a compelling reason to go bullet.

You suggested a 8mp cam, any reason why do you need 8mp?
Not really.. that's what available to me locally for similar price so I thought why not. So just go 4MP?

I mean I currently have DS-2CD2332-I which I was leaving behind in existing house.. They are still good enough? Or get one of the above or some other recommendation?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sensor Size Chart

The 8MP DS-2CD2385G1-I has a cmos sensor 1/2 lux 0.008
The 4 mp DS-2CD2347G1-LU has a cmos sensor of 1/1.8 lux 0.0014
The 4 mp DS-2CD2347G1-LU is much better.
More megapixel is not necessarily better.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Darkfighter and powered by darkfighter are just brand advertisements more or less. The only difference is that darkfighters have better sensors made to accept more visible light and to display color in more darkness compared to the powered by dark fighters one. Darkfighter cams are better than powered by dark fighter cams.

If you really want to compare utilize the product selector on Hikvisions website and compare two different cams.

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did thanks :) but was looking for expert opinion on what camera to select as my camera talk ain't that good!!!

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry to be blunt but it is extremely hard to give you a educated answer on a camera when your giving very vague criteria and vague details of its application. If money is no issue I'd purchase these.

DS-2DF8225IH-AELW
DS-2CD5546G0-IZHS
DS-2CD5A26G0-IZHS

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry to be blunt but it is extremely hard to give you a educated answer on a camera when your giving very vague criteria and vague details of its application. If money is no issue I'd purchase these.

DS-2DF8225IH-AELW
DS-2CD5546G0-IZHS
DS-2CD5A26G0-IZHS
Sorry I understand what you are saying but obviously money is an issue thus the list was much simpler

DS-2CD2385G1-I 8MP "Powered by Darkfighter"
DS-2CD2347G1-L 4MP "ColorVu"

To replace existing DS-2CD2332-I

Or similar priced Dahua

One of the suppliers from where I can source
If you can help looking at their site for anything ~$250 AUD or lower would be really appreciated

Or I can source from UK as well if u have any links which are cheaper?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm running one of these right now and happy with results. 2 MP Outdoor IR Varifocal Network Turret Camera

First picture is with flood lights on and second picture is with flood lights off and barley any ambient light from my neighborhood. You can see my neighbors light post in the top left corner which is close to 200 ft away and the top right corner is IR light from my DeepInView LPR. Pretty good low light performance if you ask me. Should also fit in your price range along with turret body form.

Attachments

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks mate.. looks good but just too expensive and not available easily to us

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd stay away from ColorVue IMO. I have one and it's nice to have color at night but lacks much more than that. And as @SouthernYankee said MP isnt everything. Do your homework and dont settle on just any camera.

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will do :) might come back with a better list I guess...