Powering Hikvison PoE IP Camera with a 48V Ubiquiti injector

dmahadeo

n3wb
Reaction score
Would I be able to power a Hikvision PoE IP Camera that is stated as 802.3af (DS-2CD2055FWD-I ) with a Ubiquiti Passive 48V injector (POE-48-24W-G)? I understand the difference between active and passive PoE, etc. But someone outside this forum said it was possible. I just wanted to get confirmation before I try it. I don't want to damage the camera.

dmahadeo

n3wb
Reaction score
You asked yesterday here ==>> Powering Hikvision Cam with Ubiquiti 802.3af adapter and received an answer. I'd go with the 802.3af active injector and not the passive one if it were me.
I was looking at powering both a Ubiquiti Nanostation 5AC with pass-through network and PoE to the camera. But the Ubiquiti 802.3af injector only puts out 15.4 watts which might not be able to power the Nanostation (9 watts) plus the Hikvision Camera (7 watts) which gives a total of 16 watts requirement, and there will probably be losses somewhere. I wish I knew for sure if it would work. I have on-hand the Hikvision camera and the 48V passive injector. I do not have the Ubiquiti 802.3AF injector nor the Nanostation 5AC.