PPPoE configuration on Hikvision camera

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have read this in the manual:
"If your camera is set to use PPPoE as its default network connection, you can use the
Dynamic DNS (DDNS) for network access".
Therefore I'm going to config the PPPoE but need to ask some simple questions:

Dynamic IP: Is this my camera (ex 10.0.0.154)?
Username and Password: Is this my camera admin and admin password?

Reading Note: The User Name and Password should be assigned by your ISP.
What does this mean?

I will use NO-IP.

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, that should be the routers admin and password as I understand your answer and not the cameras admin / passw.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, that should be the routers admin and password as I understand your answer and not the cameras admin / passw.
I don't think so. Most routers have a login to configure, known as an 'admin' login with its own password. That's to get into it and change things, such as the 'PPOE' login which can have an entirely different username and password. If you don't know what that PPOE user/pass is, as many modems, etc. hide that password with "*************", you may have to contact your ISP.

What is it you're attempting to do? If your DSL is up and your have a router or the DSL modem has a router built-in, your IP camera can be plugged into it and on your LAN to view it on your PC or phone.

Why do want the camera to use a PPOE login? is it because your modem is in bridge mode and you don't have a router to do the PPOE login or ????

Last edited:

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, I am quite stucked because my provider can't help me finding the pppoe config on inteno 150. May be I should search for an Inteno forum?

It is the manual for the camera who tells me to use pppoe, may be there is another connection?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It is the manual for the camera who tells me to use pppoe, may be there is another connection?
What exactly are you trying to do?
Normally it would be the router that establishes a PPoE connection to your Internet Service Provider.
The router then provides, via its ethernet LAN ports, internet services to all connected devices, such as computers, cameras, NVRs etc etc.

You seem to be wanting to connect your camera directly to an ISP without the use of a router.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^. That's also what I was trying to determine up in post #4, just didn't make sense. I think the OP is confused by the manual or ???:facepalm:

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks,
I think I'll give it a try without bothering more with pppoe, but I just got a suggestion from my provider about config of the router:

I will be able to transfer from PPP to DHCP, so you do not need this username and password.

May be this will solve the matter?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
May be this will solve the matter?
There is nothing to solve.
Just give the camera an IP address valid for the LAN, ideally outside the DHCP pool of addresses that the router uses, with the router IP address as the default gateway and the DNS server, and connect it to your LAN.
Job done.