Ppush alerts to phone have stopped

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I no longer receive motion push alerts to my phone from BI for any cameras.

Two changes have occurred since I last received them.
I updated BI to the latest version on my PC
I received a "new" (replacement old \same model as before warranty replacement) phone.

I assume I either inadvertently turned something off or did not set some default I needed to set when reinstalling but heck if I can figure out what.
My check list:
I looked at alert settings for all cameras on the PC BI. They are all set to push to phone on motion. When selecting the TEST button it does indeed send a push notification to the phone.
I ensured the phone was allowed in th BI settings
I installed the BI app to the phone and ensured it was not paused and Alert options for each camera were also set to "This camera is Triggered"

So I'm perplexed as to why push alerts are not coming through.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I no longer receive motion push alerts to my phone from BI for any cameras.

Two changes have occurred since I last received them.
I updated BI to the latest version on my PC
I received a "new" (replacement old \same model as before warranty replacement) phone.

I assume I either inadvertently turned something off or did not set some default I needed to set when reinstalling but heck if I can figure out what.
My check list:
I looked at alert settings for all cameras on the PC BI. They are all set to push to phone on motion. When selecting the TEST button it does indeed send a push notification to the phone.
I ensured the phone was allowed in th BI settings
I installed the BI app to the phone and ensured it was not paused and Alert options for each camera were also set to "This camera is Triggered"

So I'm perplexed as to why push alerts are not coming through.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
its likely the new phone...delete the phone in blue iris
log in via the phone and make sure you check the push notification box in blue iris for that phone...
also check the traffic signal

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Removing the phone from the list in BI on the computer and adding it back in basically as suggested fixed it. Thanks
I'm back to my wife yelling at me about notifications buzzing on the phone in the middle of the night ha-ha!
...gotta take time to use the BI line cross type features instead of just image motion sensing.