Pre-Trigger Video Buffer - only works once

hart henry

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using the handy little feature of Pre-Trigger Video Buffer that allows me to capture video XX seconds before the event occurs. This feature works really well, however, it only works the first time after a camera reset/configure is saved. Entering and then saving Camera Properties... appears to reset the camera system, and when you initiate the first Trigger (either locally, or remotely via the Web API), the first XX second pre-roll works great. Every event after this, you no longer get a pre-roll of XX seconds. I will attempt to attach a picture below. If the system is set to stop recording 10 seconds after the event, then the first Clip will be 15 seconds, every Clip here after is only 10 (with the Clip starting point equal to the event trigger time)

I have tried 2 different POE cameras (Lorex/Vivotek), both work the same. The config of the cameras is pretty minimal, and also hopefully attached to this thread (myCam.txt is actually myCam.reg)

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am using the handy little feature of Pre-Trigger Video Buffer that allows me to capture video XX seconds before the event occurs. This feature works really well, however, it only works the first time after a camera reset/configure is saved. Entering and then saving Camera Properties... appears to reset the camera system, and when you initiate the first Trigger (either locally, or remotely via the Web API), the first XX second pre-roll works great. Every event after this, you no longer get a pre-roll of XX seconds. I will attempt to attach a picture below. If the system is set to stop recording 10 seconds after the event, then the first Clip will be 15 seconds, every Clip here after is only 10 (with the Clip starting point equal to the event trigger time)

I have tried 2 different POE cameras (Lorex/Vivotek), both work the same. The config of the cameras is pretty minimal, and also hopefully attached to this thread (myCam.txt is actually myCam.reg)
no that is not the case. it works every time. You have something configured improperly. Direct to disk can only start on the iframe interval. You must match the iframe interval in the camera to the fps in the camera.

hart henry

n3wb
Reaction score
Hopefully someone may have some thoughts on why only the first event provides you with the Pre-Trigger Video Buffer functionality. This is a repeatable condition. Simply use all the defaults for the camera, except for make the Pre-Trigger Buffer 5 seconds, and enable the Cut Video When Triggered (checkbox). Only the first Trigger will provide you with the Pre-Trigger time, all other triggers will just provide video at the time in which you triggered.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone may have some thoughts on why only the first event provides you with the Pre-Trigger Video Buffer functionality. This is a repeatable condition. Simply use all the defaults for the camera, except for make the Pre-Trigger Buffer 5 seconds, and enable the Cut Video When Triggered (checkbox). Only the first Trigger will provide you with the Pre-Trigger time, all other triggers will just provide video at the time in which you triggered.
trying increasing the buffer size in the video settings and or using direct to disk