Preset views problem on DS-2CD2F42FWD (PT cam)

znation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a DS-2CD2F42FWD (PT cam : http://overseas.hikvision.com/europe/Products_accessries_512_i8830.html) to install into my house and i'm facing problem with preset views.

Normally i should be able to memorise different views to be called directly with presets shortcut, i've a small pen to memorise the view and an arrow to call it but nothing is working.

I can pan and tilt the cam manually.

Is it a firmware problem (it's not a chinese cam with WR serial number with firmware 5.3.3 build 150630)

Thanks for your help.

peich1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I've got the same problem. Mine has firmware 5.3.8, I bought it to a Ali seller. Did you find a solution?

znation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

Nothing yet ... i don't understand why it is not possible !

peich1

n3wb
Reaction score
Please, if someone with the same camera can make it work, give us some feedback about it. Thanks!!

peich1

n3wb
Reaction score
Just for giggles, try different browsers.
Thanks, but no, it's not related to the browser (I tried IE, Firefox and Chrome). It also fails when using the IVMS software, I'll try to install it again and paste here the error. Thanks anyway.

peich1

n3wb
Reaction score
The error I get in IVMS when saving a preset is:

Cam1 controls PTZ failed. Error Code HCNetSDK.dll[29].(Device operation failed.)

peich1

n3wb
Reaction score
This model does support presets. In fact, now it works correctly with the newer firmware.