Pricks going thru my car and one says the guys name. lol

batcave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also, in third video.... I believe the vehicle is a 1997-2002 4 door Honda Accord with a bad muffler. would like your opinion.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also, in third video.... I believe the vehicle is a 1997-2002 4 door Honda Accord with a bad muffler. would like your opinion.
Hi @batcave

That sucks! Looks like they did not even check the other car doors? Wondering how random this was... did they hit other cars up this night? ( on closer inspection I see they ran to the neighbors across the street also, guess "VJ there's a camera" cut short their checking .. )

I would be adding a couple more cameras.

1) for Color data
2) one focused on the street

perhaps even another camera for LPR?

Review the height of the camera watching the car which was broken into - do a few testing as a suspect at night wearing a baseball cap an hoodie - see if you can get a good facial ID of yourself

Last edited:

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have been looking for the best ways to hide cameras near the street as I feel LPR is really important.
I have a tree within 15 ft of the road and plan to mount 2 cameras in that for plate reading.
They will be about 6 ft off the ground and the leaves will protect it from the sun and if I paint them, they won't be seen by anyone walking by.
Putting additional decorations or a planter around my mailbox would work also as many in our neighborhood have things like that.
My concern was that the cameras were too big but I guess I just need to get more creative.

batcave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been considering a LPR for a while. Would have to be on bouvelard. No big deal. I could get a cat6 under the sidewalk. Pretty easy. Making it look nice, hidden and not ugly would be the hardest part.
My cameras Dahua 2mp Starvis, i has a couple in color at all day. But something changed. I have to check that.
Would you guys say the car is silver? I know it’s hard to tell sometimes on infrared.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

"Yougsters" today like to put a different muffler on the car that makes it sound that way.
Com'on, Why was the door not locked?

batcave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
"Yougsters" today like to put a different muffler on the car that makes it sound that way.
Com'on, Why was the door not locked?
Doesn’t sound like a performance muffler. Sounds like a 2000 accord with a 20 year old muffler. I didn’t complain about the $500 loss because I take full responsibility for not locking my car. We normally do.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
That does suck. Son left my truck unlocked with his laptop in it and it walked. Lock your doors at night, it's an easy fix :)

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Let me fix that...lock your doors every time you get out of it. Don't leave valuables in sight.
Yup, even if you’re leaving your car for a second, LOCK THE DOORS! A lady who lives in my county left her car running and went into a gas station to “quickly” get a drink. In that small timeframe, her car was stolen and crashed into wall a few miles down the road... I don’t mean to blame the victim but seriously don’t be such an easy target!