Problem - 3MP Hikvision POE EXIR Outdoor Cameras (Can't pick up IP Address)

SVDTiger

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently bought some Hikvision outdoor cameras from some guy on Craigslist. I connected one on my POE router to set it up and my Router is not giving it an IP address. My Gateway IP is 192.168.1.1 with a 255.255.255.0 subnet mask. And in the manual, it says the default IP of the camera is 192.0.0.64. Does this mean I have to change my gateway to 192.0.0.1 to give the camera a chance to connect? If i have to do this, that means I have to reconfigure my existing surveillance system (which uses the 192.168.1.x format) and all my powerline adapters. I am trying upgrade my existing surveillance (960p) to a 1080p system.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Start ivms on your pc or use sadp tool. There you can change the iP of your camera to whatever suits you

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

SVDTiger

n3wb
Reaction score
Start ivms on your pc or use sadp tool. There you can change the iP of your camera to whatever suits you

That's not the problem. If my router cannot give it an IP address, then it just trumps any effort for me to even use SADP to change the IP address of the camera. My problem is my router is not giving it any IP address. So my question is, do I have to change my subnet to get the camera to go on the network since my gateway is 192.168.1.1 and the default IP address of the camera is 192.0.0.64

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You have two choices. You can put your PC into the same subnet as the camera and then log into the camera and change its network settings, or you can use SADP to change the camera settings directly. Unless you know what subnet the camera is in, and it may very well not be at the default, SADP is the easier method. SADP should be able to see the camera regardless of what address and subnet it is currently set to.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can listen to what we tell you to do or you can not. That is your two options. Dude.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's not the problem. If my router cannot give it an IP address, then it just trumps any effort for me to even use SADP to change the IP address of the camera.
You asked the question. You got the responses.
They are correct, you aren't - heed them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to do it the hard way you can change the routers subnet or attach the pc and camera to a switch, set the pc's ipv4 address to be in range and manually make the change, manually to each camera. Easy way is to follow the advice above.