Problem accessing camera web interface via SmartPSS 2nd NIC

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've been here for a little while, but this is one of the few times I am actually in the deep end and need the forum's assistance :). I'm helping someone who has a Dahua DHI-NVR5864-R-4KS2 and I'd like to tweak their camera's exposure settings. In particular the shutter speed is too slow and we're getting a lot of motion blur at night. The site is quite far away and I'm not able to go and fix locally.

They're using SmartPSS and I am able to log into that remotely, and then launch and connect to the NVR web interface via the 'link to web' button. The camera exposure settings for some reason appear to be hidden completely in the NVR web settings and SmartPSS camera settings. I've tried everything and it's frustrating. When I click the link on the web interface of the camera, it launches another web page to 127.0.0.1:10002 and fails to connect with error 'connection refused' The NVR has 2 network interfaces- NIC 1 via DHCP goes to the internet, NIC 2 goes to a separate POE switch with a different subnet for the cameras. The virtual host setting in enabled. Everything is working ok otherwise.

It appears this web camera link would only work if the cameras were on the same subnet as the NVR, I think the 2nd NIC/different network is causing it grief and has me stumped. Can anyone offer any ideas other than me driving 60 miles ? (100kms)

1640513284108.png
1640513331702.png

1640513370402.png

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
since you are login remotely, i believe port forwarding is not enabled on their end to extenal access. could be related to the router/switch.
Try to get them to login on their own computer so they are on their own network and you just get them to share the screen with you say use TeamViewer or Zoom.. ?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
How are you logging into SmartPSS remotely? Vpn?

Generally speaking you have to be on the same intenal network as the NVR in order to open the cameras via the IE icon

And I don’t believe you can access the exposure settings through SmartPSS or the link it provides “link to web”. You have to access the NVR or camera directly.

Last edited:

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
since you are login remotely, i believe port forwarding is not enabled on their end to extenal access. could be related to the router/switch.
Try to get them to login on their own computer so they are on their own network and you just get them to share the screen with you say use TeamViewer or Zoom.. ?
I wouldn't port forward in the first place, however I am already landing on the NVR interface (via the internet (P2P), no VPN configured on router). Port forward would only apply to the NVR, not the 2nd interface. Pity the NVR doesn't have a built in browser itself to access the camera segment.

The teamviewer option is a good idea. I'll still need 2 networks (Wifi to the internet, and LAN connection to the POE switch).

Last edited: