Problem after firmware update

szevens

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently downloaded firmware v3.4.3 for my ds-7608ni-i2/8p. It was originally on 3.3.5. I downloaded the firmware on US Hikvision com. My nvr is australian, I installed v3.4.3 and it was successful, the cameras did not show up though and i checked in the maintenance to see the cameras saying not connected. I upgraded again to v3.4.92 and the same thing happened. it is accessible to everything but my cameras. I upgraded via usb.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Are the cameras plugged into the NVR or a POE switch? You're on an old firmware version, I believe the latest firmware for that NVR is 4.1.70 now. You may want to update to the latest, (at your own risk) but before you do you need to be on at least 3.4.92 or 3.4.93. Don't upgrade directly to 4.1.70 and make sure you know what you're doing.

szevens

n3wb
Reaction score
I just upgraded to 4.1.11 and the username is in weird characters and there are 20 something usernames, i tried entering them with blank passwords but nothing works and im lost without knowing the password

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I experienced this about a year ago after a firmware update. It created several users, with lots of strange characters. If you scroll far to the right to the end of the names, you will find one that says admin at the end. Select that user, and use your password. Once your in, you can delete all the other users from the list. I spoke to my supplier at the time, and he said that he had heard a few reports of that happening

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
check this thread: NVR V3.4.62 build160503 Multi-lingual Release
that can happen when the newer firmware doesn't quite read the existing (older or differnet region or not encrypted) config properly.

Once you're in a factory reset usually clears things up, but make sure you know the camera passwords to add them back again or you may need to reset your cameras as well...

Reaction score
Hi all,
Last weekend I updated the firmware on my Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P in the hope I could fix the cameras appearing to be offline in the mobile app.
Now I have the weird missing characters and can't log in.

I just searched, found this forum and and joined hoping for guidance :)

It looks like there's not an account with admin at the end.

What happens when the password retries get to zero? I don't mind setting everything up from scratch again, but I'd rather not have to buy another NVR.

Attachments

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
password retry lockout is only temporary. you can try again some time later, or simply reboot the cam/nvr to reset the counter.

What version to you upgrade from and to?

Reaction score
password retry lockout is only temporary. you can try again some time later, or simply reboot the cam/nvr to reset the counter.

What version to you upgrade from and to?
To 4.22 which is the version on the au site. From...not sure, 3.something

SADP finds the NVR and I've tried the proper admin password, as well as '123456' - blank doesn't seem to register (SADP asks to enter password rather than decrementing the count). Not tried putting my laptop on the same network yet to access the web page.

1591571176582.png