Problem downloading SADP tool.

Gwilbo25

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi.

I have installed 15 ip Hiwatch by Hikvision Turret cameras (IPC-T140) into a Hikvision 16 Channel Network IP Video Recorder with 16 PoE Ports & Alarm I/O (DS-7616NI-E2-16P-A).

I installed 12 of those cameras in December all the same way using brand new cat5e cable from each camera to the NVR and they all worked fine straight away with no issues.

After the xmas break (this week to be exact) I installed the remaining 3 cameras, again all exactly the same cameras with new cable all exactly the same way, but for some reason none of these 3 cameras will work. When I go into the camera management menu, the 3 cameras "status" says Detecting but then sets the NVR alarm off beeping and doesn't connect properly to give me an image or say its recording, just stays the same saying "Detecting", carries on beeping until I unplug them from the NVR.

I have tried using different ports on the NVR that I know work with the other cameras, and also unplugging all of the other cameras in case there was a data over load but nothing is working. Basically, nothing I try and connect to the NVR works now, but all the other 12 cameras fitted in December work fine.

I contacted my supplier who is also none the wiser but said I need to download and connect to the SADP tool that Hikvision supply, but I cant get it to install on either my desktop or more importantly my laptop, it gets through the first downloading part where it asks me to save the file to my C: drive but when it gets the Installshield Wizard it just wont begin installing! Tried 5 times now. I'm at my wits end as until I get the last 3 cameras working, I'm not getting paid for this job and I'm about to explode here. PLEASE any help getting these cameras working or installing the SADP tool will be amazing. FYI I have a brand new laptop which runs off Windows 10, and I've tried using Google Chrome, Windows Explorer and Firefox to no avail. I have disabled all Virus protection on the laptop to help things along but no good.

See attached image showing the top 4 cameras saying Disconnected etc, but they are all exactly the same as the all the other cameras from 5 onwards and they all doing the right thing.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Try the hikvision batch configuration tool
Odd sadap should work did you run it as administrator.?

Gwilbo25

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by running it as administrator or batch config tool?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
When loading sadap right click run as administrator it should load up
Batch configuration tool is another hikvision tool to load multiple cameras at one time all downloads are off the hikvision web site under software tools
Make sure you have the latest software

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

Gwilbo25

n3wb
Reaction score
Success! I have downloaded the SADP tool to my laptop now, so at least I can take this on site tomorrow. Now any thoughts as to what I can do to get these three cams working as described in my original post? Thanks for your time by the way.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The Batch Configuration Tool, as advised by @marku2, is also a must-have.
Now any thoughts as to what I can do to get these three cams working as described in my original post?
Personally - I am unfamiliar with HiWatch - but on the assumption that they work in the same way as the original value-series, the simplest way to get a camera connected to an NVR with PoE ports is to default the camera to factory settings so that it is 'Inactive' and plug in to the NVR PoE port, assuming the port is set as 'Plug&Play'.
The NVR will activate the camera and configure it automatically.

Gwilbo25

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi mate. Yes that's how these cameras usually work, just plug and play straight out of the box, which the first 12 cameras did fine, but these final 3 just have a "detecting" message come up on the status bar in the Camera management menu, then just wont connect.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, if that doesn't work, the next method would be:
Note down the IP address of the NVR channel you will be plugging the camera in to. Change the mode of the channel to Manual instead of Plug and Play. Connect the camera to the LAN, with SADP change its IP address to match that of the channel. Set the default gateway to that of the PoE interface address, usually 192.168.254.1
Connect the camera to the PoE port.