Problem Email Notification with DS-2CD2632F-IS Chinese Version

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Since some days one of my camera cannot send anymore email notification : it's CAM DS-2CD2632F-IS chinese version (bought on amazon some years ago) with i think a modified firmware V5.2.5 build 141201.
With this firmware I have only SSL security for email. When i run a test i have the message failed to connect to server.

I have an another DS-2CD2632F-IS chinese too but with modified V5.4.0 build 160530.This one can send email notifications without problem.
(I had some times ago already tried to upgrade one and the camera was bricked. I had the possibility to resent it in China and the seller returned me with V5.4.0 build 160530 modified)

I'm very newbee. Can someone give me an help. Is there a possibility to upgrade it without risk and with an easy method ?
Thanks for all suggestion

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
With this firmware I have only SSL security for email. When i run a test i have the message failed to connect to server.
What email provider?
Google and other email providers have disabled older unsafe security standards - probably the older firmware is no longer compatible.

Can someone give me an help. Is there a possibility to upgrade it without risk and with an easy method ?
Yes, there is.
Many people have been successful in using this method to convert Chines cameras to EN and allow update to current firmware versions :
Unbrick and fully upgrade your R0 / DS-2CD2x32 IP cameras -
R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, thanks for your message.
Provider is laposte.
I have 5 cameras Hikvision but only this one is actually running with an old firmware.
All is running well. It’s just no more able to send email notifications.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
All is running well. It’s just no more able to send email notifications.
Not quite so good then.

It sounds like they have stopped allowing the older versions.
Vous vous inquiétez de la confidentialité de vos messages ?
Vous pouvez faire confiance à laposte.net qui applique scrupuleusement le secret des correspondances quant à vos e-mails. Elle est dotée d’un protocole de sécurité SSL qui vous permet de bénéficier d’une connexion chiffrée et donc parfaitement sécurisée.
I had some times ago already tried to upgrade one and the camera was bricked.
There are ways to avoid that, as stated in post #2

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

I wil try to to do the ugrade like explained. I think i will have to block sonme hours ...;

I bought a new camera last week and this one can send email notification. Then it's right : old versions qre not more accepted.
The new camera is a DS-2CD2625FWD-IZS running actually with V5.6.2 build 190701

Regarding email notification, i've seen that this camera send only one snapshot. Normally the others cameras send 3 snapshots with 2s.
Do you know peraphs wher we can set the number of snapshots ?