PROBLEM: setting Dahau time sync with two NICs

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
My BI server has two NICs (Intel integrated on motherboard, one on PCIe card). I have the PCIe NIC (unsecure) connected to my router to get to the internet whereas the Intel NIC (secure) is my intranet which connects to my POE switch for the cameras. My intent is not to allow the secure NIC to the router and with this setup I'm a bit confused on setup for time sync of the Dahau cameras.

Per this setup, the camera intranet has no access to the router
192.168.1.2 (unsecure) => router gateway
192.168.0.2 (secure) => gateway not specified

I followed THIS PROCESS to setup the NTP server on this Windows 10 system. And, I installed NetTime. See the picture below. What am I doing wrong?

NOTE: I purposely set the "current time" on the Dahau camera to a different time than actual to test my setup to see if it would update to the correct time. See the two red circles in the image below. After making the changes I've reboot the camera and the computer....time never gets updated on the camera.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not see port "123" listening on the netstat output.

Try to telnet to that IP and port to see if you get any reply

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I noticed that too but I don't know what steps I didn't do to get it going.

Microsoft Telnet> o 192.168.0.2 [123]
Connecting to 192.168.0.2...Could not open the connection to the host, on port [123]: Connect failed

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
The only firewall I'm aware of on this computer is the built in MS Windows Defender so I followed the steps in the link above....but, I'm not sure if there are some NIC specific steps I have to do...that is, Windows Defender is the firewall for both NICs? I don't even see the 123 port listed for either NIC in the netstat report but netstat only reports TCP not UDP as I recall. The port was setup for UDP.

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Since netstat doesn't report UDPs I used PortQry...I believe it says it's LISTENING.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I figured it out...

My secure NIC's atttribute is "Public network" and I had the inbound firewall settings specifying the profile to use as "Private". Now that I checked the box for "Public" to match the the NIC all is well. Talk about a big freakin' waste of time chasing my tail. LOL!