Problem with IP cam at night, advice needed

spacesnow

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
There is something wrong with installed bullet camera. After it turns into night mode (IRs on), strange moving things like flying dust fills the image. Camera was taked stright from package plastic bag and installed, no visible dust inside camera. The rubber seal between case and front protective glass looks fine. Should I open it up and try to clean it or is that image noise possibly caused by some other reason? If I turn on IR-s, the noise is gone. Any advice, please?

With IRs on, b&w image:

IRs turned off, colour image:

Camera: Planet ICA-3250V 2MP bullet http://www.planet.com.tw/en/product/product.php?id=48587

Thanks.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
It happens on my cam too, I think it might have to do with foggy conditions, when you have a clear night you will not see it. So I wouldn't worry about it, there is nothing wrong with it. What I would worry is how bad your night image is, unless you don't care about identifying anything on it.

spacesnow

n3wb
Reaction score
It happens on my cam too, I think it might have to do with foggy conditions, when you have a clear night you will not see it. So I wouldn't worry about it, there is nothing wrong with it. What I would worry is how bad your night image is, unless you don't care about identifying anything on it.
Thanks, there is Anti Fog image setting but turning it on, does nothing.

Camera image settings:

image settings.JPG

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anti Fog is for when its foggy in day time. This is caused by the camera ir reflecting off water particles in the air.

spacesnow

n3wb
Reaction score
Anti Fog is for when its foggy in day time. This is caused by the camera ir reflecting off water particles in the air.
Is there anything I can do to avoid the issue? Turning off IR cleans the image but when it goes too dark at night it makes the camera pretty useless. Night-time is the most critical period.
Should I take the issue as a low quality feature of that camera or is it related to specific environment conditions? Air humidity is 100% and temperature is -2°C (28,4°F) here.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there anything I can do to avoid the issue? Turning off IR cleans the image but when it goes too dark at night it makes the camera pretty useless. Night-time is the most critical period.
Should I take the issue as a low quality feature of that camera or is it related to specific environment conditions? Air humidity is 100% and temperature is -2°C (28,4°F) here.
It happens with all cameras with built in IR...you won't see it every night so wouldn't worry too much.