Problem with IP camera photsensoro

#&%)@%_@%

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
This is my first post here.

I have an AKASO IP13M-903, 960tvl IP camera with what appears to be a problem with the photosensor.
It seems to take too much light to go into day mode. That means it's in black and white almost all the time....even during daylight hours.

Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Are photsensors available so I could replace it myself?

Thanks

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Honestly, that's such an inexpensive entry level cam, you would be better to just replace it. Even if the sensor is a few bucks, by the time you get it torn apart and invest your time you could have bought a new one for $50 on Amazon or $30 on eBay. You could also check the interface/software to see if it has a sensitivity setting - most quality cameras do, but with that being so inexpensive I'm not sure what options you have.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I've had similar problems when mounting a camera under a deck on the shaded side of the house. Too much heavy shade in the FOV. If that's the case and you have no sensitivity adjustments in camera, then return it as unsuitable and get a better camera. If you can't return it, get a better camera (Dahua and Hikvision are both inexpensive and easily available) and turn that one into a pet watcher or something.