Problem with PTZ cam SD22404T-GN-S2

Bever

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently bought this PTZ cam. It's hooked up on NVR 4104HS-P-4KS2/L (firmware v 4.001.0000001.0)
When the camera is tilting downwards, the image is upside down. When i rotate the cam 180 degrees, it can't go all the way down. I dont't think you can rotate the lens itself. And some of the PTZ fuctions on the NVR doesn't work.
Yes, i can tilt and pan the camera. Zoom fuction works ok, but other functions such as, tour, flip doesn't work.

Is that a restriction of this model ip PTZ cam ? How can i reverse the image I seen in SmartPSS ?

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I recently bought this PTZ cam. It's hooked up on NVR 4104HS-P-4KS2/L (firmware v 4.001.0000001.0)
When the camera is tilting downwards, the image is upside down. When i rotate the cam 180 degrees, it can't go all the way down. I dont't think you can rotate the lens itself. And some of the PTZ fuctions on the NVR doesn't work.
Yes, i can tilt and pan the camera. Zoom fuction works ok, but other functions such as, tour, flip doesn't work.

Is that a restriction of this model ip PTZ cam ? How can i reverse the image I seen in SmartPSS ?
Can you log into the cam's webGUI from the NVR?
If so, does the cam's webGUI allow you to do some of things (tour, flip, presets) that you can't from the NVR?
Where did you buy the cam from and has it been very long?

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you mount the camera the right way like in the picture? Don't think you can flip with this ptz. 765767.jpg

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does this model have more than 90deg tilt?
Some cameras til beyond 90deg and then automatically digitally flip the video.

Possibly a firmware bug, I guess that Dahua would use the same software across many cameras.

Bever

n3wb
Reaction score
jdreaming: That's possibly one of the solutions. I made an aluminium bracket myself. So the camera is NOT pointing downwards, but horizontally outwards.

Tony R: I bought the camera secondhand. The previous owner did not have a NVR. I switched my laptop to the 10.1.1.x segment, and could log into the camera after i did a factory reset.
The previous owner used the cam for about 2 years.
Also strange. I can't login to the PTZ camera's. logging into the fixed ip cam's is no problem. This is the first PTZ cam login1685352361397.png

These are all my cam's :
1685352418224.png

The seconds PTZ cam show this: This site is unavailable doesn't work at this moment, or the page could be relocated to a new web address.
1685352475636.png

I have to unmount my cam, and hook it directly to my laptop with the 10.1.1.67 ip adress. I will check that out a bit later...

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The seconds PTZ cam show this: This site is unavailable doesn't work at this moment, or the page could be relocated to a new web address.
View attachment 164352

I have to unmount my cam, and hook it directly to my laptop with the 10.1.1.67 ip adress. I will check that out a bit later...
You might have the same bug my NVR has.

The first camera you open automatically opens at port 10080. But this never connects.
After you have opened the first camera, subsequent ports (>10081) work.

I usually open another camera first, so port 10080 gets used/denied, then open the camera I want.
This port allocation on opening a camera seems to timeout after you have closed the connection from your computer for 15 minutes.

I have no clue why this is a bug.

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I want to rotate cam images by 180°, I have learned from experience that I best use IE11 (and NOTHING else) to enter the camera web GUI and apply both a rotation and a flip if needed. And I make sure in the web GUI, that I save and check the view there before I leave. Not sure if it is relevant for your cam, as I don't own your model.
But with my cams, there are several menu options only available with IE11 and not SmartPSS. You may be lucky and find the options you seek.

Can't you just use the patch cable end in your house, unplug it from NVR, use a POE injector and hook it up to your notebook? An injector might be less trouble that taking a cam down. And it can be recycled for the next problem that is sure to happen at some point.

Last edited:

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
jdreaming: That's possibly one of the solutions. I made an aluminium bracket myself. So the camera is NOT pointing downwards, but horizontally outwards.

Tony R: I bought the camera secondhand. The previous owner did not have a NVR. I switched my laptop to the 10.1.1.x segment, and could log into the camera after i did a factory reset.
The previous owner used the cam for about 2 years.
Also strange. I can't login to the PTZ camera's. logging into the fixed ip cam's is no problem. This is the first PTZ cam loginView attachment 164350

These are all my cam's :
View attachment 164351

View attachment 164352

If this ptz is not a new camera but pre owned for over 2 years then the tour function might've reach it's limit cycles by the previous owner. Once the ptz reach certain cycles it will automatically locked to preserve the life of the motor of the ptz.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't knew that :rolleyes: It was better , i bought a new one.
Well, I made a different bracket. It's not the most beautiful one, but it works
Hey, if it works, why not? :cool:

Looks good...but you do plan on sealing up the pigtail's entrance into thecam and the rear of that camera under the bracket to prevent water from getting in, right?

That is the best of several reasons to use the matching junction box for a camera to protect the cable-to-pigtail connection from corrosion and damage.

Bever

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I will protect the cable going into the cam. Now it's warm and sunny. But many months per year it's very wet, very much rain here. So it's a good idea to seal the pigtail entrance.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
View attachment 164352
Here's a video showing your camera unable to connect is a bug with Dahua NVRs.

ALWAYS the first camera you open will not connect, but the next cameras will. Try opening a camera you do not want first, then open the camera you want.
I cannot see anyway to change default porting numbers.