Problems live streaming bird box IP camera

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm hoping some person with more knowledge about IP cameras can assist me.

I recently purchased HD IP bird box cameras. There is a company called Camsecure who host cameras and allow live streaming to the public. They've hosted my camera for the last couple of years. However, last year my camera packed up because the water got into the connection. So this year I purchased another camera. But it was slightly different. Unfortunately, Camsecure were not able to live stream the camera because it was H265 format. So I purchased the same camera that I had been using in previous years. I got a message from Camsecure this morning saying that the camera was still H265. I can't understand what's going on. The camera specifications clearly state that the camera is H264. However, if I go into VLC and look under the Codec information I can see it mentions H265.

Also, I can't access the camera from my browser because I keep getting a message telling me that my browser is too new. It gives me a download link for a program called Net Surveillance. That doesn't appear to do anything. The only program I can access the camera settings from is ONVIF device manager. However, there is nothing in the settings that allows you to toggle between H264 and H265. Anyway, I can't imagine that camera is going to be both. Surely it's one or the other?

I would be very grateful if somebody could offer some advice.

In the meantime, here is the information for my camera and also a screenshot from the codec information and VLC

maging Chip: 1/3" Low light CMOS
Sensor Resolution: 1080p
Sensitivity: 0.5Lux (IR off), 0Lux (IR On)
Main Stream Resolution: 1920x1080 @ 15fps, 720p @ 25fps
Sub Stream Resolution: 4CIF @15fps, CIF @25fps
Video Compression: H.264
DWDR: On/Off
3D DNR: YEs
Lens: 2.8mm
Field of View: 92°
Lens Mount: Board
Day & Night: Auto ICR switch
Configuration: Via web browser or CMS software
Recording: Continuous, Motion, Scheduled (via CMS)
Protocol: HTTP, TCP/IP, ARP, RTSP, RTP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, DHCP, DNS, DDNS, PPPOE, UPNP, NTP, 802.1x
Ethernet: 10/100 Base-T, Auto-sensing, Half/full duplex, RJ45
PoE: IEEE 802.3af compliant
Power Input: 12V DC or PoE
Power Consumption: 3.5W IR off, 7.5W IR on
Dimensions: 43x43x21mm (excluding cables & bracket)
Operating Temperature: -20°c to +55°c
Operating Humidity: 10-80%

Attachments

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The camera can probably be toggled to do either compression scheme. I keep an older copy of IE on my computer for devices that need it (as your does). Maybe other browsers will be able to access it as well, but I've never bothered to look. It's easy enough to find an older version of IE on the internet.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The camera can probably be toggled to do either compression scheme. I keep an older copy of IE on my computer for devices that need it (as your does). Maybe other browsers will be able to access it as well, but I've never bothered to look. It's easy enough to find an older version of IE on the internet.
I have looked for an older version of IE, but I'm not having much luck.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I downloaded pale moon, but this is the message I got when I typed in the address to my camera.

1613828941180.png

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
say ok and keep going You can set the option with out viewing the video.
Okay, I was able to bring up a login page for the camera. However, after putting in my Username & password. Nothing happened when I clicked to login. I noticed that in the tab said network surveillance. I removed network surveillance from the computer and went back and tried again. But then I just got a message telling me the browser was too new and I had to download network surveillance. This is doing my nut in

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice project (if its birds) !
Yes, it's absolutely fantastic to watch the process of nest building, egg laying and then the rearing of the young. However, unless I can get this bloody camera to work through their live streaming service. Nobody is going to see anything again this year.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
? Did you type, "older version of Internet Explorer" in your search engine? I found older versions that I could download immediately...
Sorry, yes, I did just find what you are talking about. I did see that before, but just assume they were listing what was available before, not what you could download now. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that doesn't work. I've tried downloading Internet Explorer seven, but it just won't download full some reason.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay, I've managed to get into one of the cameras now through the browser. In the end it was Net surveillance that allowed me access.

1613838894960.png

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay. Frustratingly I am getting a message come up when I try and go into some of the settings. My only guess is that I need to attach a power source to the camera. At the moment it's only being powered over the POE. However, there is another lead that you can plug a power source into. That's not the case, then I don't know where I go from here. So close yet so far.
1613839477910.png

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
The camera is obviously powered (POE) as you’re looking at its UI Setup page. If the POE Switch / Injector isn’t powerful enough for whatever reason you can insert a 12 VDC power supply to power the camera.

If a 12 VDC PSU is also rendering the same error message. Your problem lies elsewhere because it’s not a power issue unless all sources of power (POE / 12 DC) are under current in its capabilities.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If all else fails, you can buy a $35 Raspberry Pi, set up a free YouTube account, and do the streaming yourself with ffmpeg. You'll have to do a bit of work to set it all up, but then it's free, and completely under your own control.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
You may get a lot of various errors with that firmware, whatever it is. I have the same type on another oddball Anran cam that I have. Kind of flaky. Some things just don't work.