Problems logging into Hikvision camera

potluckman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been setting up a IP camera system to replace my old analog system and although I am not much of a computer wizard I have purchased about eight chinese no name
cameras and with a little help have them all working.

I just recently purchased 3 used Hikvision Ds-2cd853F-E cameras and although I can access them using the SADP software and set the IP address and can display them in Blue Iris,
I cannot actually log into the camera. Using IE and with camera connected directly to laptop I can view the login screen and enter the user name, password,and port, but when I
click on login box nothing happens. I installed Active x manually from the Hikvision site but did not help. These are really nice cameras but i have to get into the camera settings
to set resolution etc.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What version of IR are you using? Try removing the active x you downloaded and get the plugin directly from the camera...
If that doesnt work, try hitting f12 and running ie in emulation mode with one version back...

potluckman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks yet again, I will try that tomorrow. I remember having problems related to the useless Active x before. Good Night