Problems logging into Hikvision camera

potluckman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I purchased 3 used Hikvision DS-2CD863F-E Cameras and have no problem installing them in Blue Iris and they work fine. Problem
is if I try to connect to them using IE (with I believe Netsurveyer) and have tried CMS also. The web page with login appears but it
appears to not being displayed properly as text do not match the position of the password entry lines. I enter user and password and
when I click on login the login Icon does not do anything. Does Hikvision use some other program. I also have a problem with my Chinese
Seculink cameras in that I can log into them fine but the Model selection on BI for Securlink does not seem to work. Will write another
thread for that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Delete and reinstall the plug in. Do the cameras have different firmware versions? or have you used this pc with other hikvsion cameras?

• Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
  • Tap or click the [FONT=WOL_Bold]Tools[/FONT] button
    , and then tap or click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Manage add-ons[/FONT].
  • Under [FONT=WOL_Bold]Show[/FONT], tap or click [FONT=WOL_Bold]All add-ons[/FONT], and then select the add-on you want to delete.
  • If the add-on can be deleted, you'll see the [FONT=WOL_Bold]Remove[/FONT] option. Tap or click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Remove[/FONT] and then tap or click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Close[/FONT].

potluckman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Morning Fenderman:

As you likely gathered when I talked about the Raspberry Pie being used to display cameras on hdmi tv, that I am new to this whole IP cam thing (this is for my own home only.)
and am not horribly gifted with networking and advanced computer setup so please bear that in mind when I am asking simple or rather stupid questions.
First all three cameras appear to be same version and these are the first Hikvision cameras I have tried. My suspicion has been that the crappy Active X stuff is my problem but
when you say delete I am not sure what to delete. I assume you mean Un-install.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes, basically you want to uninstall then reinstall... but i just realized that your camera is older so its more likely that is just a compatibility issue with the newest version of IE. In explorer hit f12 and the use compatibility mode..try ie 8 or 9..

potluckman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did F12 but find nothing I understand. Says something like Decom and below text first line is

<html lang="en" itemtype="http://schema.org/WebPage" itemscope=""><head><meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; v></div></div></div></body></html>

So when you said try IE8 or 9 did you mean to download the earlier version.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to be in internet explorer not chrome when hitting f12. There will be an option for document mode set to Edge...you need to change it to 8. Do not download an earlier version, they are not secure.