Problems setting up audio on Hikvision Dome DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS

stephenc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought this IP after reading that it had audio capability, but being totally new to Hikvision I didn't realise that it meant I had to add a mic.

There's an plug connector which has 4 terminals - In Out and 2 Ground. I've spent hours trying to connect both an unpowered mic and a powered one but cannot get the audio either when viewing the camera live or on playback.

Am I missing something here? Does it perhaps need to be enabled? I can't find any settings for it in the configuration other than the type of audio input (which I've changed from line in to mic) and the type of file.

Attachments

stephenc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for this Alastair. The good news is that I didn't know that drop down was there as I'd thought it was only 'video' on the video tab. Thanks so much for that.

The bad news is that it's still not working even with the volume turned up.

In the simply non powered mic, I've attached the white cable to the audio input and have tried the outer grounding cable to both the input and the ground without success. I've also switched the cables around in different combinations but still nothing.

Attachments

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had this setting up problem, you need to set the video audio in the sub stream menu too, Click on stream type, select sub stream then enable select video audio

stephenc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had this setting up problem, you need to set the video audio in the sub stream menu too, Click on stream type, select sub stream then enable select video audio
Thanks for this, I've enabled this stream too but it's still not working. I'm guessing it's the wrong mic too and am about to ask looney2ns for more information on the link to the micro 7