Problems upgrading Foscam Firmware

Lu-Max

n3wb
Reaction score
New member, first post.

I am trying to upgrade the firmware on my FI9826P IP camera (and on my other Foscam camera models also with the same results).

First I download the firmware directly from their site and unzip it into a folder. When I select the uncompressed file in the camera menu (System > System Upgrade > Browse > select the proper file > 'OPEN') the file does not appear in the window next to the 'Browse' and 'System Upgrade' buttons. This is using Firefox browser and the correct new uncompressed firmware.

When I try to use Chrome it says I need to install missing plugins. So I click to download them and run that program. However, Chrome refuses to let the Foscam plugin run since it is not an authorized plugin. It will not allow me to override Googles permission.

When I try to use Internet Explorer it does the same thing, the plugin does not work or run.

So, how exactly am I supposed to upgrade my firmware if Chrome won't allow the plugin, and the file will not appear in the window in Firefox?

Is there an alternative way to upgrade firmware?

Thanks

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have foscam cameras, and I have upgraded them using Firefox. One problem that I have noticed is that after you browse and select the proper file, the complete path and filename are placed in the window next to the Browse button. This can leave the filename out of sight to the right in the window. I usually put the cursor in the box and move to the right to make sure the correct file is actually selected, before upgrading.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lu max, for Chrome you could try using IE tab.

Lu-Max

n3wb
Reaction score
I never thought of using IE Tab in Chrome. It worked perfectly, upgrading cameras now. Thanks!