Problems with ConfigTool on new camera

Tempr

n3wb
Reaction score
I just received a new IPC-T5442T-ZE from Andy today. Using ConfigTool, I Initialized the camera. I had to change the IP address from 192.168.1.108 to 192.168.50.xxx since my router doesn't use addresses of 192.168.1.xxx. I bought this new router about a year ago & it changed all of the camera IP addresses for me. Immediately after changing the IP address using ConfigTool, I was asked for a new password, which I provided and confirmed. Now, no matter what I try to do, I get a password error. It's still showing up in ConfigTool as 192.168.1.108 and as initialized. No matter what I try to do, it tells me that I have the wrong password. I've tried the original password that is used by Dahua cameras (admin) & the new password I created. Nothing works. Now, ConfigTool isn't showing the new IP address (192.168.50.xxx) and it isn't accepting the new password nor the original Dahua password. I've tried using a web browser to log into the camera using the old & new IP address along with the old & new password. Any recommendations on how I might fix this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Fix the camera using the reset button.

Your config tool sounds like it doesn't work the same as mine. With mine, the steps are:

• Initialize the camera
  • Go to Search Setting and change the password to what you set for the camera
  • Select the new camera and use Modify IP on it

Tempr

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I did find the reset button on the camera & it changed the camera back to the default of uninitialized. After initialization using ConfigTool, it requested a password change, which I did. However, I'm still unable to change the IP address and unable to connect to the camera using a browser.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have had this issue with Dahua. In fact every time I add a new one it takes a few minutes to recall the sequence. As I remember, you have to change to the new password in two different places in the GUI or you get the password error. Someone should be along shortly to clarify and maybe provide screen shots.

Link with Andy Guide

Last edited:

Tempr

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help. I was able to figure out the solution. I had to change the Internet Protocol Version 4 on my computer to match the new camera.
I followed the instructions on the web page listed below & once I changed my computer to match the camera, ConfigTool then allowed a change of the IP address on the camera.
Don't forget to change the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) back to what it original was on your computer, or in my case back to automatic. After doing so, I was able to use the camera in my browser.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't forget to change the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) back to what it original was on your computer, or in my case back to automatic.
Wrong. It should never have been changed in the first place. I'll go out on a limb and say the dahuawiki instructions are incorrect. The "Preparing the computer" section should not be there, and it's not necessary to change the computer's IP address when using Config Tool. Config Tool does something to bypass the Windows routing, and will find cameras set to any subnet address on the physical network segment.

The "Preparing the computer" instructions are necessary to initialize a camera via a web browser instead of Config Tool. I wonder if this could be a cut-and-paste error, or perhaps needed for an ancient version of Config Tool? For the instructions to tell you to change the computer's IP setup, and not later tell you to put it back the way it was is an obvious boo-boo.

I'm glad you figured it out. I never would have assumed you changed the computer's IP setup, because I never have needed to.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I thinks theres like 21 different ways to get this screwed up....and I've probably done em all....
Great job persisting and gettin er done!