Process.....

tate16t

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How should I update my US based DS-7608NI-E2/8P which is running, V3.3.2, Build 150522. Based on what I read thus far via threads and the wiki I'm a little conflicted.

Should I update in this order?
v3.3.6
---> v3.4.21 --->v3.4.3 --->v3.4.5 --->v3.4.92

Should I initiate the upgrade from the web browser interface?

Should I update the firmware on my cameras first?

Anything else?

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I recall on those NVRs, the internal structure for the configuration file has been changed in some firmware revisions, so a given level of firmware needs to recognise an earlier configuration format and translate it to the new structure.
So if you jump straight to the latest firmware (which is 3.4.98 by the way - Hikvision US is usually slow in providing these) there is a possibility of a corrupt configuration if the new firmware does not support the very old configuration structure.
Which may or may not be easily recoverable.
So it's best to take just a little more time and update through the versions.
The web GUI maintenance route does the most validation checks as far as I know.

tate16t

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From what I recall on those NVRs, the internal structure for the configuration file has been changed in some firmware revisions, so a given level of firmware needs to recognise an earlier configuration format and translate it to the new structure.
So if you jump straight to the latest firmware (which is 3.4.98 by the way - Hikvision US is usually slow in providing these) there is a possibility of a corrupt configuration if the new firmware does not support the very old configuration structure.
Which may or may not be easily recoverable.
So it's best to take just a little more time and update through the versions.
The web GUI maintenance route does the most validation checks as far as I know.
Thank you. Is there a version between V3.3.2 and 3.3.6 or a place where I can find out?

3.3.6 ---> v3.4.21 --->v3.4.3 --->v3.4.5 --->v3.4.92 --->v3.4.98

tate16t

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok thanks. I was able to upgrade directly to 3.4.92 directly without a problem.