ProControl+/Hik-Connect not playing event videos

Cook98765

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

First post on the forum, hopefully someone can solve my issue!

I have a DS-7204HUHI-K1 DVR with 2 x 5MP Hikvision cameras. These were installed by a friend of a friend a while back and everything was going fine. I recently changed my internet provider which seemed to be a simple switch-over in terms of the DVR. I don't know if this has caused the issue, but I've only noticed the problem happening from this switch.

Basically, I've set up various smart events using the DVR web login (Intrusion and Line Crossing). I get the notifications on my ProControl+/Hik-Connect app, but when I go to play back the event, the video just skips to the end. I try to click replay and the same thing happens. Even moving the playback time bar to the start of the video doesn't work.

I've tried removing all event notifications which hasn't helped. Asked the installer and he doesn't know why it's doing it. I can live view and playback from the app fine, it only seems to be when viewing event videos.

Please see below a video of the issue.

As you can see, event videos just skip right to the end. This happens on 95% of the event notifications, one of the events actually plays back fine in the video (although when I skip back using the slider, it stops). I also don't think it's because the DVR is still recording the 2minute event as it happens on old notifications.

Many thanks,

Dan