Profile and setup questions

kevin

n3wb
Reaction score
I see some people are creating Day and Night profiles to help eliminate false recordings. With Day being just Color and Night being Brightness only. I have a couple of question on other settings for the different modes.

Do you enable or disable Object detect/reject for the night mode?
What are your MAKE time trigger setting for each profile?
What are your end trigger settings?
Where on the slider do you have the min contrast set for the Night profile?

I have been messing with these for several days and cant seem to get them set right. Daytime appears to be OK, but could probably still be tweaked. However the night profile doesn't seem to be detecting motion.

On a side note I don't fully understand the Camera streaming and sub stream settings and how it relates to the Blue Iris software. In the camera settings i have Stream type 0 set to 720p, 2M, 25 frame, and 30 key frame int.

The sub stream is set to 0 with a 640x480 VGA stream defaulted to 512K, 15 frame and 45 key frame.

In Blue Iris i do have the limit live stream set to 25. But I don't see where to set the record or live view resolution.

I'm not to bright when it comes to cameras and settings, so any help is much appreciated. I made my purchase based on reviews and forum post. but other than the computer end of things I have no clue how to set it up for the best recording and least false triggers.

Thanks