Profile automatically switches to Profile 1 after any alert

ccaru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, I have been testing BI with multiple profiles for the first time. The idea being that I have both indoor and outdoor cameras and would like to switch the indoor ones off when at home.

The issue I am facing is that whenever a trigger is activated, from any camera, from any profile, the system switches back to Profile 1, hence activating all my cameras.
My scheduler is disabled, my temp profiles are set to 8 hours as default and I am attempting to set the profile using the "hold" function.

Moreover, while the trigger is still active, attempting to change the profile will also immediately switch it back to 1. Only when the trigger terminates I am able to set back the profile (which switches back to 1 once another trigger is triggered)

Any ideas what might be the issue or settting to fix this?

thanks!
Claude

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I have been testing BI with multiple profiles for the first time. The idea being that I have both indoor and outdoor cameras and would like to switch the indoor ones off when at home.

The issue I am facing is that whenever a trigger is activated, from any camera, from any profile, the system switches back to Profile 1, hence activating all my cameras.
My scheduler is disabled, my temp profiles are set to 8 hours as default and I am attempting to set the profile using the "hold" function.

Moreover, while the trigger is still active, attempting to change the profile will also immediately switch it back to 1. Only when the trigger terminates I am able to set back the profile (which switches back to 1 once another trigger is triggered)

Any ideas what might be the issue or settting to fix this?

thanks!
Claude
did you accidentally select "until triggered" in the profile tab? To set a profile to hold you need to longpress on the pause icon.

ccaru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
did you accidentally select "until triggered" in the profile tab? To set a profile to hold you need to longpress on the pause icon.

Thank you!! This was it. I misinterpreted the purpose of this setting and switched it on on all my profiles. I have now removed it and profiles are working well :)