Profile Not Changing Presets

Robert M

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So to start off, I'm not sure what broke. The only change I made overnight was adding more RAM to my server and rebooting. However, now, when I switch to different profiles, my cameras are not changing presets. Here's my setup:
Profile 1) Default - few PTZ cameras I want at a specific preset
Profile 2) I want the same PTZ cameras at a different preset
Profile 3) I want the same PTZ cameras at a different preset
Profile 4) I want the same PTZ cameras NOT to change any preset so I can manually position them for a temp time

Example screenshot from Event Schedule for 1 camera. Others are similar.

What the heck am I doing wrong? It *seems* like the Search/Back has stopped working

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There are issues with the latest release..Did you update as well?

Robert M

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, the last time I updated was a few weeks ago ~3/30. I'm on 4.5.3.3 x64.

If what I'm seeing is possibly a bug vs config issue then at least I know I'm not crazy (or mostly not crazy at least).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, the last time I updated was a few weeks ago ~3/30. I'm on 4.5.3.3 x64.

If what I'm seeing is possibly a bug vs config issue then at least I know I'm not crazy (or mostly not crazy at least).
9 times out of 10 its user error..check you settings.

Robert M

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
9 times out of 10 its user error..check you settings.
Other then the screenshot I posted, what else should I be looking at? I'm not sure what other settings would impact what I'm trying to achieve (and previously had working). Is there something other then the Event Schedule where I can affect the PTZ based on profile selected?

ETA: Or is there more logging I can enable that will help me debug this further?

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
4.5.3.3 is the latest that came out yesterday (or the day before).

Robert M

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
4.5.3.3 is the latest that came out yesterday (or the day before).
Dangit, apparently on this install I had the checkbox to auto download/install updates :|.. I thought I had left that to manual...

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem as well. PTZ presets were previously working great. I'm not sure exactly when they quit working, because I first noticed they were broken a few days ago, and I just updated today to the latest version; I'll have to look back through some of my logging. In my case, I'm using the PTZ presets to change the camera configs for day/night using CURL via a Python script. Kind of drag when you find out your security cameras have recorded nothing but pitch black all night because Blue Iris didn't change the profile or call the preset...

Robert M

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem as well. PTZ presets were previously working great. I'm not sure exactly when they quit working, because I first noticed they were broken a few days ago, and I just updated today to the latest version; I'll have to look back through some of my logging. In my case, I'm using the PTZ presets to change the camera configs for day/night using CURL via a Python script. Kind of drag when you find out your security cameras have recorded nothing but pitch black all night because Blue Iris didn't change the profile or call the preset...
The latest update (today's) didn't resolve the issue for me yet.

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The PTZ Preset problem is still not fixed in 4.5.3.5. I have been reverting back to the last stable version (4.5.3.2) until tis problem is resolved.

Robert M

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The PTZ Preset problem is still not fixed in 4.5.3.5. I have been reverting back to the last stable version (4.5.3.2) until tis problem is resolved.
Any chance you can post up 4.5.3.2 or send me a link where to get the older version from? I don't keep them archived locally and couldn't find the older files on the blur iris website.

Thanks!

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any chance you can post up 4.5.3.2 or send me a link where to get the older version from? I don't keep them archived locally and couldn't find the older files on the blur iris website.

Thanks!
Update 4.5.3.2 has already been posted in this thread:
Locked out of webserver (Connection not private) after latest update?

By the way, its a good idea to keep a local archive of updates - especially the ones that you have found to be stable. I'm a little reluctant to pull the trigger on installing Blue Iris updates unless I have a good contingency plan.

Robert M

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Reaction score
Update 4.5.3.2 has already been posted in this thread:
Locked out of webserver (Connection not private) after latest update?

By the way, its a good idea to keep a local archive of updates - especially the ones that you have found to be stable. I'm a little reluctant to pull the trigger on installing Blue Iris updates unless I have a good contingency plan.
Thanks! I've installed 4.5.3.2 and am hopeful it will resolve the issue. Have to wait until tonight to see if the profile/presets trigger correctly. I also turned off auto-updates.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have the same problem - preset commands in the schedule are ignored. Have downloaded 4.5.3.2x64 but don't know how to install it. "Options" "About" "Check for update now" tab doesn't allow me to select the exe file from the PC. Instructions please?

Robert M

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have the same problem - preset commands in the schedule are ignored. Have downloaded 4.5.3.2x64 but don't know how to install it. "Options" "About" "Check for update now" tab doesn't allow me to select the exe file from the PC. Instructions please?
Double click on the update file. It will downgrade your Blue Iris version.

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No kidding. I had my cameras go "ALL STOP" with a recent release. Hoping each rls subsequent fixes this rather basic function of BI. Not happy but I see I can downgrade.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No kidding. I had my cameras go "ALL STOP" with a recent release. Hoping each rls subsequent fixes this rather basic function of BI. Not happy but I see I can downgrade.
The solution is simple. Disable auto update....then update after a release has been out for a few days. You wont have any problems if you follow this basic common sense rules.