Profile setups

panhead

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

While I have been using BI for quite a while, I have only had 3 profiles setup. Mostly because the system I had BI running on was on the minimum side and was not dedicated. Recently I purchased a beefy new PC to solely use for BI and have started looking at configuring BI differently. I have made a lot tweaks to the setup thanks to the suggestions on the forum. One of the things I decided to do was add a new profile that will record continuously for all cameras.

I was just curious how others are utilizing the profile?

Mine are setup as the following:
1 Away - This would have both inside/outside cameras alert on motion, send notices to my phone for inside motion, and send alert images via email
2 Home - This would have only outside cameras alert on motion, send alert images via email
3 Vacation - This would have both inside/outside cameras alert on motion, it would send notices to my phone for inside motion, send the alert images via email, and have the inside cameras play siren noise
4 Continuously - Both inside/outside cameras are recording continuously and send alert images via email

Thanks

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1. At work - Front door triggers text picture message on motion. All cameras recored continuous.

2. At Home- no text alerts on front door - inside cameras disabled - Backyard camera record motion only.

3. Night time- Higher motion sensitivity - Also "black and white" checked for motion detection

4. Windy - I have a lot of trees that sway and pick up shadows from 12-2PM. I have object zone crossing used to eliminate "tree shadow triggers

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Home Day
Home Dawn/Dusk
Home Night
Away Day
Away Dawn/Dusk
Away Night

Ambient Lighting affects triggering hence the profiles. All cameras are cloned for alerts. Home Profiles disable all inside cameras and cloned cameras.

Two Global schedules switch Profiles at the set times. I select Away schedule when I leave and select Home schedule when I return.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Home Day
Home Dawn/Dusk
Home Night
Away Day
Away Dawn/Dusk
Away Night

Ambient Lighting affects triggering hence the profiles. All cameras are cloned for alerts. Home Profiles disable all inside cameras and cloned cameras.

Two Global schedules switch Profiles at the set times. I select Away schedule when I leave and select Home schedule when I return.

Why use cloned cameras for alerts when you can just setup alerts for that schedule you want the alerts to be active for?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why use cloned cameras for alerts when you can just setup alerts for that schedule you want the alerts to be active for?
likely because he uses different sensitivity settings for recording vs alerts..