Profiles and schedules

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,all

I am trying to get my Blueiris setup to, well here goes

I have a schedule setup to allow my cameras to use different profiles, one for day then alter at sunrise/sunset to a night profile setting, i have done this, i think, but i also use the geofence to turn cameras on/off as i am in and out, but i seem to have lost and confused myself in what i am trying to do, because when i go into the geofence settings to tell it what to do when i go out then the profile would be different depending on time of day and this is where i am getting puzzled, i am not sure if i am over complicating it all.

Basically i want a different profile for different times of day/night and also when i am in/out, i am trying to do it through the global settings or do i need to do i locally.

EDIT

Think i may have sorted it, i have set 4 profiles home day, home night, away day, away night then set 2 presets, 1 home and 1 away and put the relevant profiles in each one, then in geofence i just change the preset from home to away instead of changing the profile like i was, so the key is change the "set schedule" on the geofence page, not sure if the "set schedule" was confusing me too.

Cheers

Andy

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,all

I am trying to get my Blueiris setup to, well here goes

I have a schedule setup to allow my cameras to use different profiles, one for day then alter at sunrise/sunset to a night profile setting, i have done this, i think, but i also use the geofence to turn cameras on/off as i am in and out, but i seem to have lost and confused myself in what i am trying to do, because when i go into the geofence settings to tell it what to do when i go out then the profile would be different depending on time of day and this is where i am getting puzzled, i am not sure if i am over complicating it all.

Basically i want a different profile for different times of day/night and also when i am in/out, i am trying to do it through the global settings or do i need to do i locally.

EDIT

Think i may have sorted it, i have set 4 profiles home day, home night, away day, away night then set 2 presets, 1 home and 1 away and put the relevant profiles in each one, then in geofence i just change the preset from home to away instead of changing the profile like i was, so the key is change the "set schedule" on the geofence page, not sure if the "set schedule" was confusing me too.

Cheers

Andy
Blue Iris Video Tutorials | IP Cam Talk