Profiles - I Must Be Doing Something Wrong

mike s.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have two profiles set up. One for when I'm home (schedule over-ridden, so all cameras are on all the time) and one for when I'm not home (schedule over-ridden, all cameras on all the time, but with email notifications). The profiles work fine during the day as I go out and come home, but sometime overnight the "at home" profile is replaced by "default." Can't figure out what is wrong.....

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you by chance setting the profile for home and not home manually somehow when you are leaving and returning? It sounds to me like you are engaging the temp profile which is indicated by a green stop watch near the profile numbers (could be a refresh looking icon right now based on current state). If this is happening, the BI Options has a setting for how long this temp profile it to be held before going back to what is set in the global schedule.

mike s.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, Profile 1 is "Away" and Profile 2 is "Home." I click "1" when I leave and I click ""2" when I return. I never engage the blue stop watch ("hold profile") to the left of my profile choices.
Am running BI 3.66.00.

mike s.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any help? Overnight, profile changes to "schedule default."

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any help? Overnight, profile changes to "schedule default."
You may be confusing profiles with presets...
If you are not holding the profile, its only a temp changes and as rupp says go to the schedule and change the temp time to a really high number so it acts as a hold. Or use the hold button.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Send some screen shots of your profiles and schedules tabs from BI Options so we can see what your configured like currently.

mike s.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can do that, shortly.
I must be dense. I am choosing either Profile 1 or Profile 2 (not Preset 1 or 2), and I am expecting that profile to stay active until I choose another profile. It does so, during the day. The schedule is not enabled, ever. I'm guessing that that is the problem, but am still at sea as to why I need a schedule if I'm just choosing a profile based on my varied activities during the day.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. yes if you are not using the schedule then you are not required to enable it...however the temporary profile time will still affect the length of time the profile will be active before it returns to the default (which is profile 1)...simply change the 480 to a really high number so it wont revert or use the hold button

mike s.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Excellent. That makes sense. Problem solved, I'm sure!
Thanks to you both!

mike s.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With the temp. profile time set at 90000 minutes, the system, about an hour ago, switched from "when home" to default. Something else must be going on.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You might have found a legitimate bug. I would try to enable the global schedule and set the entire schdule as profile 1. Then switch to profile 2 manually as you are currently doing and see if it switches on you still at random. Leave the length of Temp profile time long like you have at 9000.

I realize you shoulnt have to do this but for testing purposes it would show if there is a true big that Ken would need to know about.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In the interim, try double tapping the profile number so that the profile is on hold...you will see a universal "no sign" circle with a slash though it indicating no timer...

mike s.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I didn't know I could double-click a profile to "hold" it. If that works, I'm happy enough w/ that....