Proof of Visibility

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to come up with a way to take a daily picture of one of my cameras and send it in an email. Sometimes this one camera gives me fits and I want a way for it to tell me 'yeah, I'm working and here is proof I can see something'.

Has anyone tried anything like this? My apologizes if this has already been answered, I'm not sure what a feature like this is called.

Thanks,
David

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to come up with a way to take a daily picture of one of my cameras and send it in an email. Sometimes this one camera gives me fits and I want a way for it to tell me 'yeah, I'm working and here is proof I can see something'.

Has anyone tried anything like this? My apologizes if this has already been answered, I'm not sure what a feature like this is called.

Thanks,
David
Welcome to the forum, better yet use the watchdog function to alert you and or rest the camera (if compatible) in the event of a lost feed.

Reaction score
I should probably explain a bit more....the camera is on the far side of a wireless bridge. I do have the watchdog setup to tell me if the camera goes down and it works great. The issue is I can't always check on the camera after getting a 'camera down' alert. That is why I was hoping for the daily snapshot. Then I can say it fixed itself (which is usually the case).

Thanks.

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It
I should probably explain a bit more....the camera is on the far side of a wireless bridge. I do have the watchdog setup to tell me if the camera goes down and it works great. The issue is I can't always check on the camera after getting a 'camera down' alert. That is why I was hoping for the daily snapshot. Then I can say it fixed itself (which is usually the case).

Thanks.
it sounds like the problem is your trying to do this wirelessly, you need to run cat6 to the camera then you shouldn't have these reliability issues . Getting a photo sent is a babysitting job you don't want. It I'll become annoying after a while, security devices should be reliable.