proper settings for camera to continuously record *and* flag motion?

jmg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'd like a few cameras in my setup to record continuously and to flag any motion.
What are the proper settings in camera properties to do this?
I currently have it set on the "record" tab to "continuous", and on the "trigger" tab, I have "motion sensor" checked off. I'm getting continuous recording, but no flags on the recording time line for motion (and confirmed there's a lot of motion going on in the camera). Am I doing something incorrectly?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like a few cameras in my setup to record continuously and to flag any motion.
What are the proper settings in camera properties to do this?
I currently have it set on the "record" tab to "continuous", and on the "trigger" tab, I have "motion sensor" checked off. I'm getting continuous recording, but no flags on the recording time line for motion (and confirmed there's a lot of motion going on in the camera). Am I doing something incorrectly?
simply turn the motion sensor back on. leave the recording set to continuous.

jmg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
sorry-- I meant when I have it "checked off," I have it checked.. there's a check mark in "motion sensor" currently./

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
sorry-- I meant when I have it "checked off," I have it checked.. there's a check mark in "motion sensor" currently./
post images of your trigger, motion, and record tab

jmg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks, and attached... pretty sure I left object detection settings alone.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks, and attached... pretty sure I left object detection settings alone.
Test with Black and White disabled ..also depending on how far the target is you will need to reduce object size and possibly make time

Tre144

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem. I know that motion is being trigger with my setting because if recording is set to "when triggered", I get all the motion triggered clips. But I want 24/7 recording with flagged motion. I do not get motion alerts in the timeline and I have no way to quickly check the motion portion of the continuously recorded video file.

Was a solution found to this problem?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem. I know that motion is being trigger with my setting because if recording is set to "when triggered", I get all the motion triggered clips. But I want 24/7 recording with flagged motion. I do not get motion alerts in the timeline and I have no way to quickly check the motion portion of the continuously recorded video file.

Was a solution found to this problem?
read the second post

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have motion enabled and record set to continuous....
then it will record continuously and mark the motion. This of course requires that you have motion detection setup correctly. Ensure you have "create alert list images" checked in the record tab.

Last edited: