NVR and networking troubles

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i just posted in the dahua section as well since it's a dahua cam, i read over the 5 pages of this thread and nothing helped. i was able to manually add it to the bottom line, against everyones suggestion and i had to toggle onvif/private to get a green light, but it's stuck on port 80 instead of Port1. i've tried rebooting, disconnecting, rebooting, reconnecting, waiting 10mins, same crap different day, i'm frustrated with these damn cams.
test with a short premade cable. A bad cable problem 95 percent of the time. Even if that is not the case, you dont know if the problem lies with your camera or NVR.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just posted in the other thread, i'm not climbing the roof again to reset the cam or take it down to test the cable, it's not the cable. if i climb the roof it will be to take this camera down and sell it. if it didnt cost almost $300 i'd post a youtube video of me blowing it up with some C4. the camera is working under port 37777, the nvr doesnt see the cam, i had to manually add it, then there's onvif/private issue. non stop BS with this, trust me we're all fed up here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
just posted in the other thread, i'm not climbing the roof again to reset the cam or take it down to test the cable, it's not the cable. if i climb the roof it will be to take this camera down and sell it. if it didnt cost almost $300 i'd post a youtube video of me blowing it up with some C4. the camera is working under port 37777, the nvr doesnt see the cam, i had to manually add it, then there's onvif/private issue. non stop BS with this, trust me we're all fed up here.
Thanks another problem with you, you not only like to bitch, but do so about the same issue in multiple threads. You are fed up because you are incompetent.
I will post my response to your other thread.

yes, sure. You are a beta tester for a bunch of camera manufactures, a networking expert with a 10k fluke tester. This is a USER forum where people come to post their issues. Of course there are going to be users here with problems. Just like there are USERS IN EVERY MANUFACTURE OR USER FORUM with lots of issues.
You claim to be an expert but need to learn. Make up your mind.
Ultimately you are an inexperienced user who may or may not have an issue with their camera or more likely an NVR. We will never know because you prefer to bitch about it.
You need nest/arlo/ring. Plug and play.

KCO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
funkybunch you should try what I did, you just have to do a factory reset.

clowg

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone got a full-proof method for upgrading the firmware on POE cameras that are attached to the NVR? I've tried through the proxied (via IE, x.x.x.x:10080) camera setup pages and via the NVR Camera IPC Upgrade page. Both fail to install the upgrade file.
I'm using a DHI-NVR4208-8P with 8 cameras plugged in. It is running 3.203.0000.0.R firmware. I think this is the latest (I can find).

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone got a full-proof method for upgrading the firmware on POE cameras that are attached to the NVR?
Connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port and access the cameras web GUI directly.
If that also fails - then maybe the firmware doesn't match the cameras.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Agree with @alastairstevenson I’ve done that in the past but you seem to be saying you tried that via the camera GUI?

Could always unplug camera from NVR, connect directly to your router on your LAN and try from there, but may be an incompatible FW?