PTZ camera, video works in BI, but not PTZ - works in Hikvision app

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am trying to get a PTZ 20x 5 MP camera to work in BI.
The product info lists "IPD-E2A5L18series", company JideTech.

I managed to get the video to work in BI, after "Inspect Now" I had to edit the path manually to
"/1/h264major" to get the video.

What I cannot get to work is PTZ from BI. I can add the camera to my smartphone Hikvision Android app and use that to PTZ the camera
I can also use Security monitor Pro to PTZ the camera, also the web browser.

But I cannot get PTZ in BI, I also tried to use other protocols as OXML that is normally selected in BI.
A different PTZ camera works fine in BI.

The PTZ finction is set to
Address 1, Protocol Pelco-D, Baud rate 9600, 3D Protocol Pelco-DH, User mode HK-TST.

Could you help me getting this PTZ to work in BI?

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I noticed the same with 2 of my Amcrest cams.
They don't show up on the list of cams in an old BI 4 version and it doesn't "locate" a match for them either.
I plug in their IP addresses though and I can see with them but no control of position or zoom.
This is part of the reason I am still using SmartPSS software.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
appreciate that tip but it didn't work on either the ip2m-841 or the ip4m-1051
I'll do some more in depth searching here on the forum and google and see who else has my cams on BI
Thanks though.

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you,
unfortunately setting Foscam as PTZ did not work for me either

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
appreciate that tip but it didn't work on either the ip2m-841 or the ip4m-1051
I'll do some more in depth searching here on the forum and google and see who else has my cams on BI
Thanks though.
This works fine for my Amcrest IP2M-841:

1) Update it's firmware here. For your convenience, it's also attached below as a "BIN" file.
2) In BI, insert camera IP, user/pass and let BI "search" to configure; BI sets up camera as "generic/ONVIF" and the PTZ as "ONVIF/OXML", these work fine for my IP2M-841's PTZ including presets.

BTW, to use the desired presets with BI you log into the camera's webGUI, set the presets and then use BI to call up those presets.

If you get your 841 going I suggest you do the same with the 1051.

Attachments

Last edited:

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey Tony - I'm guessing you have BI-5 because those setting designations "generic/ONVIF" and the PTZ as "ONVIF/OXML" are not in 4.
There is a make/model for "Dahua H.264 RTSP" that I tried and it recognizes these at PTZ's but still allows no control. I hit a few others that were similar too like
Upgraded both firmwares and now the 841 doesn't come back online at all. This could just be my issue since that one is on my wifi which really sucks right now.
I'll run a hard line out there and recheck it. Both work just fine though on SmartPSS and the Web UI - weird. BI must be a picky SOB.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My 841 was working properly on v4, even with old firmware and then again on new firmware and also on v5.....strange!
Also, in case you didn't, firmware upgrades should always be done via Ethernet and not via wireless, according to most manufacturers I've read.
Good luck!

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also, in case you didn't, firmware upgrades should always be done via Ethernet and not via wireless, according to most manufacturers I've read.
heh, yep, learned that the hard way this morning. Thought I bricked one of them for a while, but was able to recover it and make certain the upgrade worked. :cool:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I am trying to get a PTZ 20x 5 MP camera to work in BI.
The product info lists "IPD-E2A5L18series", company JideTech.

I managed to get the video to work in BI, after "Inspect Now" I had to edit the path manually to
"/1/h264major" to get the video.

What I cannot get to work is PTZ from BI. I can add the camera to my smartphone Hikvision Android app and use that to PTZ the camera
I can also use Security monitor Pro to PTZ the camera, also the web browser.

But I cannot get PTZ in BI, I also tried to use other protocols as OXML that is normally selected in BI.
A different PTZ camera works fine in BI.

The PTZ finction is set to
Address 1, Protocol Pelco-D, Baud rate 9600, 3D Protocol Pelco-DH, User mode HK-TST.

Could you help me getting this PTZ to work in BI?
My Jidetech 2Mp 20x speed dome says: Address 1, Protocol Pelco-D, Baud rate 9600, 3D Protocol Pelco-DH, User mode (not the HK-TST but the other option. There were only 2. Im not at Camera at the moment but i was just there fooling around with it and that setting. now that its dark i was trying IR disable and day mode because there enough sodium lights to fry your eyes....and we had a vagrant tring to weasel his way into the building by calling people on the Lobby phone.