PTZ Commands for Generic Camera

mrcamman

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently bought a cheap, generic Chinese IP cam. BI finds the rtsp stream and I am able to connect to it. However, I can't figure out the PTZ or audio stream setting so I can control the ir and mic settings. Does anyone know, or have a suggestion about what brand/setting to try in the PTZ control menu? The ONVIF setting does not work. Or the audio stream setting on the video tab?

Here is a pic of the camera. It is sold under many names and from many sights. I happened to get mine from Aliexpress under the ANSHICAT brand. But I don't think that means anything.

Thanks.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What leads you to think that the camera has PTZ capability?

The image here depicts a panoramic 180° view but that doesn't mean the camera can pan or tilt, it's the width of the lens view horizontally. It has 2 sensors and the image from each are digitally "stitched" together to provide the panoramic, 180° image.

Last edited:

mrcamman

n3wb
Reaction score
What leads you to think that the camera has PTZ capability?
It does not have PTZ. However, my belief is, although I could be entirely wrong, that the PTZ setting in BI is also what controls my ability to turn on/off the ir blasters (ie sends the brand specific codes for those functions). It may also be what allows me to listen to control the mic and speaker buttons. I'm not really sure. I'm just guessing. I've been using BI4 for a very long time, but I've always known my camera brands. This one is a bit different. I admittedly cheaped out on this one.

I know the camera has all of those functions (mic/speaker, IR blasters, and white lights for that matter), but BI is not communicating with it. I'm just hoping to find out why. Thanks.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It does not have PTZ. However, my belief is, although I could be entirely wrong, that the PTZ setting in BI is also what controls my ability to turn on/off the ir blasters (ie sends the brand specific codes for those functions). It may also be what allows me to listen to control the mic and speaker buttons. I'm not really sure. I'm just guessing. I've been using BI4 for a very long time, but I've always known my camera brands. This one is a bit different. I admittedly cheaped out on this one.

I know the camera has all of those functions (mic/speaker, IR blasters, and white lights for that matter), but BI is not communicating with it. I'm just hoping to find out why. Thanks.
OK, now I get it...however, I've been on BI version 5 for some time now and have no access to 4 so I can't offer much assistance.

mrcamman

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, now I get it...however, I've been on BI version 5 for some time now and have no access to 4 so I can't offer much assistance.
OK. Thanks anyway. I'm hoping someone recognizes the picture and thinks, "hey this looks like mine." Or "It looks like a Hikvision." Or something like that. It might lead me down the right path.

Have a great day and thanks for trying.

mrcamman

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried selecting different models of Hikvision cams in the setup tab?
I haven’t yet. There are at least a hundred options in the drop-down. I’ll have to go through each… one at a time.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is what we sometimes do when we get a camera nobody else has lol.

mrcamman

n3wb
Reaction score
There is not "hundreds of options", if you select Hikvision as the "make", then you can choose between 8 different models of Hik cams.
Thanks. I only used Hikvision as an example. My challenge is, I don’t know what make/model this cam is based on. There are easily over a hundred of options to choose from.

These Chinese cams have a reputation for mimicking name brand cams. I was just hoping someone might recognize the physical appearance of it and suggest what they may have copied.

but I do appreciate your help. I’ll probably just night the bullet and pay for my cheapness with a little extra time this weekend.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. I only used Hikvision as an example. My challenge is, I don’t know what make/model this cam is based on. There are easily over a hundred of options to choose from.

These Chinese cams have a reputation for mimicking name brand cams. I was just hoping someone might recognize the physical appearance of it and suggest what they may have copied.

but I do appreciate your help. I’ll probably just night the bullet and pay for my cheapness with a little extra time this weekend.
I'm well aware, the cam does look like a hik clone, thus my suggestion.