PTZ (kind of) not working

AngryToast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an Amcrest IP4M-1051 that I am using with Blue Iris. I've noticed that I can not seem to control the PTZ functions with the directional arrows. The presets appear to be working OK, but manual tweaking of the PTZ via the directional arrows in both UI3 and the official Blue Iris app on IOS do not work. I think it was working at one point, but now it appears I've done something to not allow that.

Similarly, the PTZ arrows doe NOT work if I am using the PTZ panel in Blue Iris. Of course, the presets do work there.

Any guidance would be appreciated on how to fix this !

Edit: When I run the inspect function under video, I get:

HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2020-02-19T18:15:08.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: Amcrest
Model: IP4M-1051
FirmwareVersion: 2.620.00AC000.3.R, Build Date 2019-12-18
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging_service
Has media services: /onvif/media_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
first profile is MediaProfile000
first source is 000
requesting URI for profile MediaProfile000
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 0
InputConnectors: 0
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceIO_service
AudioOutputs: 1
Has PTZ service: /onvif/ptz_service
Preset: 1=Zoom%20Out
Preset: 2=Zoom%20to%20Bed
Preset: 3=Preset03
Preset: 4=Preset04
Preset: 5=Preset05
Preset: 6=Preset06
Preset: 7=Preset07
Preset: 8=Preset08
Preset: 9=Preset09
Preset: 10=Preset010
Preset: 20=Preset20
Done

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Under "camera properties", "PTZ Control", I assume you have the top box "Enable PTZ, etc." checked.
If so, which drop-down to the right of "network IP" do you have selected? I have "Dahua New V4" selected and it works with my similar Amcrest IP2M-841 with most recent firmware.

Also, on that same page you must have "PTZ with mouse cursor" checked to get that function.

AngryToast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Tony. I ended up completely removing the camera and re-added it. I added the IP address of the camera, then clicked FIND / INSPECT.
It found the camera and filled in Generic/ONVIF and that fixed it. I did not have to alter anything in the PTZ tab - it just automatically configured it all.

Curious

jr00

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Tony. I ended up completely removing the camera and re-added it. I added the IP address of the camera, then clicked FIND / INSPECT.
It found the camera and filled in Generic/ONVIF and that fixed it. I did not have to alter anything in the PTZ tab - it just automatically configured it all.

Curious
Hi AngryToast, what does your PTZ/Control tab now show? I've tried deleting/re-adding, and all the Amcrest, Dahua, & ONVIF (OXML) PTZ settings to no avail.

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score

Curious
I had the same happen with one of my PTZ cams (not Amcrest). Working fine and then one day only presets working. Tried everything short of completely deleting the cam and recreating but that was the only thing that finally fixed it. Settings ended up exactly the same best I could tell. Don't know why the original quit and the new works. Making copies in various ways did not work.

jr00

n3wb
Reaction score
I've since fixed my Amcrest IP4M-1051 PTZ issue by disabling PTZ authentication in the camera's WebUI (via Chrome). I've also noticed that setting BI's PTZ camera speed to 1 causes it to not work, but PTZ speed 2-5 work fine.
AngryToast, thanks for attaching your BI PTZ setting. Mine's indeed the same, but with custom port and above.